Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Roms in safestrap locked bootloader

Tip us?

cell2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Roms in safestrap locked bootloader

I have the GSM version ATT. Rooted locked bootloader. Is there any ROM that can be flashed in stock recovery?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell2011 View Post
I have the GSM version ATT. Rooted locked bootloader. Is there any ROM that can be flashed in stock recovery?
you mention safestrap in the title, and stock recovery in the body so I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you are on 4.4, rooted with write protection disable, and have arleady installed Safestrap, there are some discussions on Rootzwiki.com about roms to install in the different slots. There isn't much here on XDA about safestrap on the X.

If you haven't yet installed Safestrap, then what rom is on your phone right now? if its 4.4.2, then write protection is enabled on your phone, you can't disable it, so you can't properly install Safestrap to install other roms.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

cell2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Im on stock 4.4.2 and pie method root.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell2011 View Post
Im on stock 4.4.2 and pie method root.
Then you can't use Safestrap as it needs both Root and Write Protection Disabled to install/configure. PIE only roots. You can't disable the X's write protection on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 with a locked bootloader.

And due to the locked bootloader, you can't flash any alternate roms, recoveries, etc.

i.e. you are stuck stock, temp rooted with PIE, and with write protection enabled.

and in case you are about to ask... NO, it is not safe to downgrade to 4.4 or lower after you already have 4.4.2 on your phone.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]