Roms in safestrap locked bootloader

Search This thread

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
I have the GSM version ATT. Rooted locked bootloader. Is there any ROM that can be flashed in stock recovery?
you mention safestrap in the title, and stock recovery in the body so I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you are on 4.4, rooted with write protection disable, and have arleady installed Safestrap, there are some discussions on Rootzwiki.com about roms to install in the different slots. There isn't much here on XDA about safestrap on the X.

If you haven't yet installed Safestrap, then what rom is on your phone right now? if its 4.4.2, then write protection is enabled on your phone, you can't disable it, so you can't properly install Safestrap to install other roms.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Im on stock 4.4.2 and pie method root.
Then you can't use Safestrap as it needs both Root and Write Protection Disabled to install/configure. PIE only roots. You can't disable the X's write protection on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3 with a locked bootloader.

And due to the locked bootloader, you can't flash any alternate roms, recoveries, etc.

i.e. you are stuck stock, temp rooted with PIE, and with write protection enabled.

and in case you are about to ask... NO, it is not safe to downgrade to 4.4 or lower after you already have 4.4.2 on your phone.