[Q] Rookie mistakes with backup and busybox?

OP slingblade01

14th March 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I have a rooted, nonDE, vzw Moto X on 4.2.2 with the hotspot entitlement hack enabled. I would like to install the Xposed framework and have been reading up on it. Everything that I have read states the I should make a backup first. I installed online nandroid backup. Upon opening, the app stated that it required busybox to be installed. After failing several times to install BB, I learned that I have to change the /system dir from r/o to r/w. I rebooted into recovery, checked for r/w and attempted to install BB. This time it progressed a little further but still failed. I am clueless at this point. Also, every time I reboot, r/w is enabled. I've since installed es file explorer to switch back to r/o.
Whee did I screw up and how do I fix it?

TIA
14th March 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 100

553 posts
Just install GravityBox and stop worrying about the backups.
14th March 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 225

543 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade01

I have a rooted, nonDE, vzw Moto X on 4.2.2 with the hotspot entitlement hack enabled. I would like to install the Xposed framework and have been reading up on it. Everything that I have read states the I should make a backup first. I installed online nandroid backup. Upon opening, the app stated that it required busybox to be installed. After failing several times to install BB, I learned that I have to change the /system dir from r/o to r/w. I rebooted into recovery, checked for r/w and attempted to install BB. This time it progressed a little further but still failed. I am clueless at this point. Also, every time I reboot, r/w is enabled. I've since installed es file explorer to switch back to r/o.
Whee did I screw up and how do I fix it?

TIA

you have a verizon so locked bootloader so you option for backup are two things

install Safestrap(this is a recovery for locked bootloader) this will allow you to do nandroid backups
or install Titainum backup(this is a app) this will allow you to back up user and system apps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread