Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrade Radio?

Tip us?

cannondale0815
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Default Downgrade Radio?

Since upgrading my GSM dev edition to 4.4.2 (from 4.4), my reception on T-Mobile in the NYC area has degraded. Is there a known way to downgrade the radio (baseband) firmware? Or could other factors be at play here, such as issues with the build.prop file?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale0815 View Post
Since upgrading my GSM dev edition to 4.4.2 (from 4.4), my reception on T-Mobile in the NYC area has degraded. Is there a known way to downgrade the radio (baseband) firmware? Or could other factors be at play here, such as issues with the build.prop file?

Since you have the Dev Edition. You should just unlock your bootloader and than read the general threads instructions for flashing different firmwares, read carefully so you don't brick. That's the only easy way to downgrade a baseband/modem right now. and unless you changed the build.prop previously I don't see why it should be a problem lol

Hope that helps. also t-mobile has been switching around cell towers these days in NYC so they may have flipped some frequencies on you. I live in NY too.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!
The Following User Says Thank You to drago10029 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cannondale0815
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Thanks for the response. Flashing radios was so simple on my HTC One S, I was hoping for a similarly simple way on the Moto X

ujoty
Old
Thanks Meter 16
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

I think that there's no need to unlock your bootloader for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ujoty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]