Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] From 4.4.4 to 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
daede86
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 293
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default [Q] From 4.4.4 to 4.4.2

Hi guys!

i have a moto x with bt unlocked. i've updated my moto x to 4.4.4 few weeks ago when i received the OTA.

i'd like to flash to stock rom back with rsd lite to have a complete factory reset, but the 4.4.4 stock rom german version isn't already available.. so can i flash the original firmware my moto had before the OTA (german retail 4.4.2) with rsd lite and then update it again to 4.4.4?

i'm not sure i can flash 4.4.2 over a 4.4.4...

thanks a lot!
 
Travisdroidx2
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 828
Posts: 3,027
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area California
Since you took the 4.4.4 OTA if you try to downgrade you will BRICK! There are warnings all over this forum.
 
daede86
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 293
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2 View Post
Since you took the 4.4.4 OTA if you try to downgrade you will BRICK! There are warnings all over this forum.
thanks i just wanted to be sure
so i guess i'll do just a factory reset!
 
TGtheImmortal
Old
#4  
TGtheImmortal's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 49
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
If you factory reset does it uninstall the OTA?
 
gokart2
Old
#5  
gokart2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 873
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGtheImmortal View Post
If you factory reset does it uninstall the OTA?
No. It just wipes the data.
---------------------------------------------------
Moto X [XT1056-Sprint]
Stock modified ROM
---------------------------------------------------
Many other devices......
---------------------------------------------------
 
solocchi
Old
#6  
solocchi's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 27
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by daede86 View Post
Hi guys!

i have a moto x with bt unlocked. i've updated my moto x to 4.4.4 few weeks ago when i received the OTA.

i'd like to flash to stock rom back with rsd lite to have a complete factory reset, but the 4.4.4 stock rom german version isn't already available.. so can i flash the original firmware my moto had before the OTA (german retail 4.4.2) with rsd lite and then update it again to 4.4.4?

i'm not sure i can flash 4.4.2 over a 4.4.4...

thanks a lot!
Hello. You have the Moto X XT1052? If you have the Moto X XT1052 with the bootloader unlock you can downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. Download the firmware 4.4.4 Verizon and extract the files motoboot.img and gpt.bin and copy them to the firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE and flesh with RSDLite. At the end you will have the Moto X with firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,400
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by daede86 View Post
thanks i just wanted to be sure
so i guess i'll do just a factory reset!
Quote:
Originally Posted by solocchi View Post
Hello. You have the Moto X XT1052? If you have the Moto X XT1052 with the bootloader unlock you can downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2. Download the firmware 4.4.4 Verizon and extract the files motoboot.img and gpt.bin and copy them to the firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE and flesh with RSDLite. At the end you will have the Moto X with firmware 4.4.2 Retail.en.DE
You risk a brick when the next OTA is taken.
Or sooner.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
solocchi
Old
#8  
solocchi's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 27
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
You risk a brick when the next OTA is taken.
Or sooner.
My Moto X has no brick to move from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2 and then upgrade to 4.4.4 via OTA file.
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,400
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by solocchi View Post
My Moto X has no brick to move from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2 and then upgrade to 4.4.4 via OTA file.
I do not doubt you, but please do not encourage others to risk a brick, when a newer ota comes, for what is of little gain.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
solocchi
Old
#10  
solocchi's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 27
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
I do not doubt you, but please do not encourage others to risk a brick, when a newer ota comes, for what is of little gain.
You are not given a forum where freedom of speech. You have tried as I did? I tried and it works. Just because I did the downgrade and not an important person of XDA does not mean it does not work. I do not care what you think the guide works. I'm not going to argue with people who express opinions without trying and consider themselves smarter and more prepared than others.

The Following User Says Thank You to solocchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes