Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root after 4.4.4 update?

Tip us?

Abhinav Valecha
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default root after 4.4.4 update?

I'm currently on 4.4.2, stock and no root. I haven't yet received the update, but many people in my country are getting the update, so I'll get it soon.
I can see a lot of people are saying that 4.4.4 cannot be rooted.I have plans to root my phone as soon as my warranty expires, so should I update to 4.4.4?or is all this 'cannot root after 4.4.4' is for some selected carriers?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav Valecha View Post
I'm currently on 4.4.2, stock and no root. I haven't yet received the update, but many people in my country are getting the update, so I'll get it soon.
I can see a lot of people are saying that 4.4.4 cannot be rooted.I have plans to root my phone as soon as my warranty expires, so should I update to 4.4.4?or is all this 'cannot root after 4.4.4' is for some selected carriers?
Please see one of the many threads already posted regarding this. For instance: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...rizon-t2830043

IF (and ONLY if) you are unlocked, or CAN unlock (bootloader-unlock), you CAN root by following the advice given in the thread linked above.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT