root after 4.4.4 update?

OP Abhinav Valecha

29th July 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

68 posts
More
I'm currently on 4.4.2, stock and no root. I haven't yet received the update, but many people in my country are getting the update, so I'll get it soon.
I can see a lot of people are saying that 4.4.4 cannot be rooted.I have plans to root my phone as soon as my warranty expires, so should I update to 4.4.4?or is all this 'cannot root after 4.4.4' is for some selected carriers?
29th July 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,727

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav Valecha

I'm currently on 4.4.2, stock and no root. I haven't yet received the update, but many people in my country are getting the update, so I'll get it soon.
I can see a lot of people are saying that 4.4.4 cannot be rooted.I have plans to root my phone as soon as my warranty expires, so should I update to 4.4.4?or is all this 'cannot root after 4.4.4' is for some selected carriers?

Please see one of the many threads already posted regarding this. For instance: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...rizon-t2830043

IF (and ONLY if) you are unlocked, or CAN unlock (bootloader-unlock), you CAN root by following the advice given in the thread linked above.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread