Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root for 4.4

Tip us?

terrapin69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Root for 4.4

So, I'm running stock 4.4 on my T-Mobile X and am looking for a root method that is relatively straightforward and one that will not interfere with OTA updates (4.4.2 for example) and a root that may be removed and leave no traces. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin69 View Post
So, I'm running stock 4.4 on my T-Mobile X and am looking for a root method that is relatively straightforward and one that will not interfere with OTA updates (4.4.2 for example) and a root that may be removed and leave no traces. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Not possible , any method to root will interfere with flashing an ota, you need stock recovery and a untouched unroofed system to flash a ota

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin69 View Post
above is correct we only have one root method right now and you can't take OTA's with it but here is a guide if you decide to do it anyway

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |