[Q] Re-Root after auto Kit Kat update

OP thedunes

2nd February 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Huntington Beach
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Im getting my new ATT 32GB Moto X on Monday and after flashing my Samsung Galaxy S3 into the ground I thought I would leave the Moto X running the stock ROM for a while but rooted.

My question is, in reading some of the threads it looks like I will have to re-root after every Kit Kat update pushed out from Motorola, is this the case? Is there a method that will add root privileges back after the phone reboots from the update? Lastly, any suggestion on what root procedure is working the best?
2nd February 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,290

3,763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunes

Im getting my new ATT 32GB Moto X on Monday and after flashing my Samsung Galaxy S3 into the ground I thought I would leave the Moto X running the stock ROM for a while but rooted.

My question is, in reading some of the threads it looks like I will have to re-root after every Kit Kat update pushed out from Motorola, is this the case? Is there a method that will add root privileges back after the phone reboots from the update? Lastly, any suggestion on what root procedure is working the best?

Can we assume you bought the consumer version ? If so, looks like your SOL. Root method only works up to 4.4.
If you bought the DE veraion ? Root is straight forward as unlocking your bootloader , flashing recovery

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Huntington Beach
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Yes I did purchase the consumer version so it does look like I am SOL. Thanks for the quick reply.
2nd February 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,290

3,763 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunes

Yes I did purchase the consumer version so it does look like I am SOL. Thanks for the quick reply.

ATM but you never know jcase might just have something up Hus sleeve, if you are still on 4.4 you can still root with slapmymoto and pawnmymoto which might break yourmoto

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x root, re-root
Previous Thread Next Thread