Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root the Developer Edition Moto X

Tip us?

krsmit0
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
I'm sure Mac is fine. Just if there's any problems, it'll be harder to find help here with Mac stuff.
Its pretty much the same as Linux. Windows might actually be the odd ball in the process.

ghostt021
Old
Thanks Meter 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0054 View Post
Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Developer Edition of Moto X. To be honest, I am not a developer for Android, and I am very new all together to Android, coming from iOS. All of my iPhones have always been jailbroken, and I would like to root my new Android as well. My Moto X has an unlocked boot loader. If I understand it correctly, this should allow me to root the phone in a permanent way. I would like to stick with the stock Moto X room, but I want to have root for some of the apps that need it.

I have googled it and found a bunch of different guides on how to do this, but is there a better way to do it on a device with an unlocked boot loader? Something what works with 4.4.2. If you point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

- Bogdan
You can unlock though Motorola. Then install super su from the play store. If you're not interested in flashing a custom ROM you should be good to go, however I'd advise flashing a custom recovery and making a back up. Not needed but makes things a lot easier.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This week's favor

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
There is a Mac toolkit in our dev section. I think all you need is fastboot not m....
FYI: I used the Mac toolkit to get my new DE going.
Also be aware the up code goes to the email Moto has tied to the phone not the user account (email) you need to create the unlock.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.