Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root the Developer Edition Moto X

OP x0054

19th May 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 17

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

I'm sure Mac is fine. Just if there's any problems, it'll be harder to find help here with Mac stuff.

Its pretty much the same as Linux. Windows might actually be the odd ball in the process.
22nd May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #12  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 1,621

1,298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0054

Hi guys,

I recently purchased the Developer Edition of Moto X. To be honest, I am not a developer for Android, and I am very new all together to Android, coming from iOS. All of my iPhones have always been jailbroken, and I would like to root my new Android as well. My Moto X has an unlocked boot loader. If I understand it correctly, this should allow me to root the phone in a permanent way. I would like to stick with the stock Moto X room, but I want to have root for some of the apps that need it.

I have googled it and found a bunch of different guides on how to do this, but is there a better way to do it on a device with an unlocked boot loader? Something what works with 4.4.2. If you point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

- Bogdan

You can unlock though Motorola. Then install super su from the play store. If you're not interested in flashing a custom ROM you should be good to go, however I'd advise flashing a custom recovery and making a back up. Not needed but makes things a lot easier.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd May 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 528

2,600 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

There is a Mac toolkit in our dev section. I think all you need is fastboot not m....

FYI: I used the Mac toolkit to get my new DE going.
Also be aware the up code goes to the email Moto has tied to the phone not the user account (email) you need to create the unlock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread