Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Post Reply

Will Root survive ?

OP RacerRon

2nd February 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
On a Verizon non DE 4.4 with stock recovery , will root survive a device reset ?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 225
 
543 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerRon

On a Verizon non DE 4.4 with stock recovery , will root survive a device reset ?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

not 100% sure but if you do factory Reset you will have to reinstall SuperSU from the market place and then grab root checker and see.

i think it will because i have done it before but my bootloader was unlocked.
2nd February 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Thanks. This is what I suspected. I will find out for sure tomorrow night when my new Dev edition shows up and I reset thus phone. I guess as long as write protection is not reenabled, it should be no problem reinstalling supersu.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 225
 
543 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerRon

Thanks. This is what I suspected. I will find out for sure tomorrow night when my new Dev edition shows up and I reset thus phone. I guess as long as write protection is not reenabled, it should be no problem reinstalling supersu.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

the issue is not with reinstalling SUPERSU the issues is if SlapMyMoto sticks or not. you can install SUPERSU on a device that is not rooted at all it just wont install the binaries
2nd February 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
That's true. As long as write protection is still of , I would not have to flash back to 4.2.2 and start over. Slapping again is not too bad.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 225
 
543 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerRon

That's true. As long as write protection is still of , I would not have to flash back to 4.2.2 and start over. Slapping again is not too bad.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

i think you would still have to flash back to 4.2.2 Post Camera Update because there is a couple commands that you need to run before you update to 4.4
6th February 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Well , the slapmymoto root method will survive a data reset. All I had to do was reinstall SuperSU from the play store and all is well .

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank