XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root with unlocked bootloader/ no custom recovery

Tip us?

Demorthus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root with unlocked bootloader/ no custom recovery

Is there a way I can root with 4.4? I have an unlocked bootloader but the SlapMyMoto method fails me everytime at the impactor 2222 step & even when I try to troubleshoot by using the small windows guide method provided by Jcase. I might be wrong entirely and there isn't yet a root for 4.4, if so let me know that way I don't sound too ignorant.
- -+ Owner Of +- -
-HTC One (M8) Developer Edition (& 128GB Micro SDXC)-
-Customized Moto X-
-LG G Pad 8.3-

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demorthus View Post
Is there a way I can root with 4.4? I have an unlocked bootloader but the SlapMyMoto method fails me everytime at the impactor 2222 step & even when I try to troubleshoot by using the small windows guide method provided by Jcase. I might be wrong entirely and there isn't yet a root for 4.4, if so let me know that way I don't sound too ignorant.
Flash twrp recovery by hashcode and flash supersu zip and you're all done

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Demorthus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Is there any possibility there's a way I can root it without a custom recovery though? I understand that it is the easiest way to root, but I'd like to try and keep it stock, that's been my main difficulty thus far.
- -+ Owner Of +- -
-Customized Moto X-
-LG G Pad 8.3-

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Is there any possibility there's a way I can root it without a custom recovery though? I understand that it is the easiest way to root, but I'd like to try and keep it stock, that's been my main difficulty thus far.
No, you already unlocked your boot loader , so you're already swimming in the swallow end so you may as well swim over to the deep end

Sent on my Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Demorthus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
No, you already unlocked your boot loader , so you're already swimming in the swallow end so you may as well swim over to the deep end

Sent on my Moto X
Alright I'll get right on it then! Thanks x2 . Just as a side question since I've only had my Moto X for about a week and a half, will I still be able to continue to use touchless control and updates for it just as so long as I dont flash a custom rom? I want this puppy as stock as possible
- -+ Owner Of +- -
-Customized Moto X-
-LG G Pad 8.3-

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Alright I'll get right on it then! Thanks x2 . Just as a side question since I've only had my Moto X for about a week and a half, will I still be able to continue to use touchless control and updates for it just as so long as I dont flash a custom rom? I want this puppy as stock as possible
As long as you run the stock ROM you'll have all the great features , if you use xposed framework and gravity box you'll have all the features that cyanogenmod has plus all moto's great features too, win win

Sent on my Moto X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
I want this puppy as stock as possible
Why did you unlock your bootloader then?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2573212

Demorthus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
From what I was following it appeared to be as though it was necessary, but I misinterpreted it. But, it's too late now for any changes, sadly and unfortunately.
- -+ Owner Of +- -
-Customized Moto X-
-LG G Pad 8.3-

ntalbert000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
get TWRP, xposed framework, with gravitybox and google search api. learn to use tasker and all of its major plugins, you will have a blast with the moto x. the possibilities are endless.