Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't root using pie or towel root on my AT&T Moto X

Tip us?

HaiMyNamesTrent
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't root using pie or towel root on my AT&T Moto X

Hi, im trying to root my phone on 4.4.2 using towel root and pie, but neither work, when i try and run adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/atvc/root.sh, i get the error: unable to chmod /data/local/atcv/root.sh: Not a directory, and that is using the pie exploit. When i use towelroot, i hit make it rain after changing the o in the string of numbers to a 0, and nothing happens, please help

Joseluize
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Have you UB?

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

HaiMyNamesTrent
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseluize View Post
Have you UB?

What do you mean by UB?

Joseluize
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Unlocked Bootloader.
If yes, you have.
Try root using fast boot method (flash twrp then without reboot enter recovery and install ssu). It is the easy way.

HaiMyNamesTrent
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseluize View Post
Unlocked Bootloader.
If yes, you have.
Try root using fast boot method (flash twrp then without reboot enter recovery and install ssu). It is the easy way.

I can't unlock the bootloader, that is why im rooting using towel root and pie, because they do not required an unlocked bootloader.

Joseluize
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Can't you do? Damn, bad luck man. Sorry, I hope you be able to root without.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiMyNamesTrent View Post
Hi, im trying to root my phone on 4.4.2 using towel root and pie, but neither work, when i try and run adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/atvc/root.sh, i get the error: unable to chmod /data/local/atcv/root.sh: Not a directory, and that is using the pie exploit. When i use towelroot, i hit make it rain after changing the o in the string of numbers to a 0, and nothing happens, please help
Notice what I have highlighted in red. Which are you typing? atvc or atcv? Is it possible you made a typo when issuing the command?

Also, Towelroot not working is expected. You must successfully root with PIE before you can use towelroot.

Good Luck.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

HaiMyNamesTrent
Old
(Last edited by HaiMyNamesTrent; 9th July 2014 at 04:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Notice what I have highlighted in red. Which are you typing? atvc or atcv? Is it possible you made a typo when issuing the command?

Also, Towelroot not working is expected. You must successfully root with PIE before you can use towelroot.

Good Luck.
EDIT: I got it, as soon as i switched the media connection it asked me if i wanted to allow usb debugging, but when i got to supersu, i update the su binary but it says failed, what do i do now?