Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any Root for Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2?

Tip us?
 
droidxox
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default [Q] Any Root for Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2?

I've searched for recent updates or questions about this but haven't been able to find it. Just wondering if there is a root method available now for this version on Verizon. Thank you
 
samwathegreat
Old
#2  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 423
Posts: 878
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidxox View Post
I've searched for recent updates or questions about this but haven't been able to find it. Just wondering if there is a root method available now for this version on Verizon. Thank you
See the "PIE" thread in the original android development forum.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
 
droidxox
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
See the "PIE" thread in the original android development forum.
Thank you I appreciate the help.
 
dhru1405
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidxox View Post
I've searched for recent updates or questions about this but haven't been able to find it. Just wondering if there is a root method available now for this version on Verizon. Thank you
other thn pie there is no root available. but be careful with PIE... i lost my LTE with pie.. i turned it off to save battery and when I turned it back on.. it wouldnt go to 4G LTE only 4G
 
samwathegreat
Old
#5  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 423
Posts: 878
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhru1405 View Post
other thn pie there is no root available. but be careful with PIE... i lost my LTE with pie.. i turned it off to save battery and when I turned it back on.. it wouldnt go to 4G LTE only 4G
4G LTE is the only 4G available for verizon. There is nothing else.

On AT&T and other GSM providers, HSPA+ is considered "4G" and so is LTE, but in the case of Verizon:

4G = 4G LTE = LTE they are all one and the same. The fallback for 4G on Verizon is 3G

3G = EVDO = EHRPD these are all the same. EHRPD is an enhanced version of EVDO that allows seamless handovers from LTE > EVDO while keeping the same IP address.

Likely, you just somehow changed your icon....or you are using a GSM Moto X, in which case your scenario does not apply to the OP.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
 
dhru1405
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
4G LTE is the only 4G available for verizon. There is nothing else.

On AT&T and other GSM providers, HSPA+ is considered "4G" and so is LTE, but in the case of Verizon:

4G = 4G LTE = LTE they are all one and the same. The fallback for 4G on Verizon is 3G

3G = EVDO = EHRPD these are all the same. EHRPD is an enhanced version of EVDO that allows seamless handovers from LTE > EVDO while keeping the same IP address.

Likely, you just somehow changed your icon....or you are using a GSM Moto X, in which case your scenario does not apply to the OP.
that's interesting because before I did have the LTE icon. but it's back now I don't know what happened but I had to do a soft reboot not the normal reboot
 
samwathegreat
Old
#7  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 423
Posts: 878
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhru1405 View Post
that's interesting because before I did have the LTE icon. but it's back now I don't know what happened but I had to do a soft reboot not the normal reboot
So you are not on Verizon, right? You are using a GSM carrier??
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
 
doitinthedirt
Old
(Last edited by doitinthedirt; 12th July 2014 at 03:40 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 143
Join Date: Mar 2014
Pie is So EASy to use... I didn't realize how simple using the android ADB is.... great tutorial here http://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-...ridge-utility/

You have have to download the java 7 sdk for it to work.. I think... I just did what it said. but still easy.. took me 10 minutes to read that simple how to article and everything went fine. Running Pie is 4 copy and paste commands... so simple a caveman could to it. takes less than a minute. and you have write or the ability to delete system files or rename them.. but when you reboot everything is back to the way it was before you rooted.. so you have to hook back up to the pc and run those 4 Pie root commands again to gain root again.. but simple stuff.

4.4.2 sucks, but Pie works on it. I have 4.4 on my Moto X and rooted with slapmymoto it permanent root and no problems with it. Its my brothers moto x that I just rooted with 4.4.2 Having to reroot every time you reboot the phone is a pain in the rear. Im still able to run the hotspot hacks on the Pie rooted 4.4.2 and works well

No loss of LTE.. I'm on verizons unlimited data and use it for wifi hotspot using it now.. downloaded the android adb 350 meg file in about 3 minutes plenty of speed to stream netflix

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more