Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root XT1052

Tip us?

toroloco73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default root XT1052

hello from Italy,

i'm an happy owner of a new Motorola Moto X XT1052 with stock KK rom

now i want to root my device, to use TB, Grenefy and other app that need root access

i know that i have to unlock bootloader before flash the cwm and flash the supersu apk...

is there any way to unlock bootloader without ask code to Motorola? is there any way to lock bootloader in case i want back warranty?

Thanks boys
Motorola Moto X XT1052

conquesoextra
Old
Thanks Meter 103
No bro...

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 mediante Tapatalk

waiflih
Old
Thanks Meter 105
You don't need to unlock your BL, you just need root.
Hit the "Thanks" button if I was helpful

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiflih View Post
You don't need to unlock your BL, you just need root.
If you're on 4.4.2 already, you won't get root without an unlocked bootloader. Exploits have not been made for 4.4.2 yet....and trying to downgrade is flirting with bricking.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Default Rooting and warranty in EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroloco73 View Post
hello from Italy,

i'm an happy owner of a new Motorola Moto X XT1052 with stock KK rom

now i want to root my device, to use TB, Grenefy and other app that need root access

i know that i have to unlock bootloader before flash the cwm and flash the supersu apk...

is there any way to unlock bootloader without ask code to Motorola? is there any way to lock bootloader in case i want back warranty?

Thanks boys
You don't automatically lose your warranty in EU if you root your phone and even if you unlock the bootloader.
In EU you are covered with the Directive 99/44/EC and appropriate national legislation in your country. Any seller's contract which doesn't meet commercial guaranty provisions either laid down in the Directive or in your national legislation is void regarding provisions in conflict (Non-conformity of the commercial guarantee with the provisions of the Directive does not affect its validity and the consumer may still require that the guarantee be honored). So rooting or unlocking the bootloader despite otherwise stated in the contract doesn't affect the warranty as long as the seller can't prove that the failure or malfunction of the device is a result of a misuse or damage out of seller's or producer's responsibility. It's a simple question of burden of proof: Buyer must prove malfunction of the device within two years period after purchase if he wants to claim seller's responsibility and seller shall prove that malfunction derives from circumstances caused from inappropriate use or damage whether he want to be excluded from responsibility.
You have nothing to lose if you restore the original state before submitting the phone to service. Make nandroid immediately after rooting and flash original sbf from Motorola website before using a service and you are set. Of course there is a completely different story if you damage android system so badly that you can't get back to the original. The seller is not obliged to mess with your modification of the system.
And you are covered with the legislation only when you buy a phone as a natural person. the Directive 99/44/EC doesn't cover rights of legal persons regarding warranty claims.
I have my bootloader unlocked for nearly half a year now and I feel totally comfortable.

toroloco73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
in Italy if you root the device you lose warranty....
Motorola Moto X XT1052

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by toroloco73 View Post
in Italy if you root the device you lose warranty....
You mean: It is rumored that you lose warranty if you root the phone in Italy. Italy adopted the above mentioned directive in 2005 and this directive doesn't permit any deviation toward a detriment of consumer's rights. It's the service providers who spread a word about lost warranty in case of the rooted phone. It's easy and profitable to refuse any service on the ground of unpermitted modification. But rooting is not unpermitted neither it void warranty. If you stand up for your rights they'll recognise their obligation.