Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted AT&T Moto X on 4.4....how to install 4.4.2

Tip us?

97vulcan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted AT&T Moto X on 4.4....how to install 4.4.2

Hey Guys,

I've got a my AT&T Moto X rooted on 4.4, but I'd like to install 4.4.2 and remain rooted.

I've got a locked bootloader, but I'm having a hard time finding the steps necessary to update the OS, and stay rooted. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've used the search feature, and found info on safestrap, and the ATT 1058.XML, but I cannot find the correct version of SafeStrap needed, and detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance!

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 757
If your bootloader is unlocked, flash the SBF of ATT's 4.4.2 (there is a thread telling you how to return to 100% stock using RSDLite), then follow the thread telling you how to root a developer edition X.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Vivjen
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97vulcan View Post
but I cannot find the correct version of SafeStrap needed

Thanks in advance!

97vulcan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
If your bootloader is unlocked, flash the SBF of ATT's 4.4.2 (there is a thread telling you how to return to 100% stock using RSDLite), then follow the thread telling you how to root a developer edition X.

My Bootloader is locked...I can't find the steps to update to 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
My Bootloader is locked...I can't find the steps to update to 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader.
There isn't much here about using Safestrap with the X.. Rootzwiki.com has a few threads.

I haven't used it, so I don't know if there is a 4.4.2 for Safestrap on ATT.

Since the Chinese website/middleman thread is back up, you can try and get a bootloader unlock code that way.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Ctrl-Freak
Old
(Last edited by Ctrl-Freak; 13th June 2014 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Safestrap binary: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/104161-re...65-2013-11-13/

Upgrade from 4.4 to 4.4.2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t-sbf-t2730956
edit: If you upgrading from 4.4, you can likely skip step 8 (wipe/factory reset).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ctrl-Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

97vulcan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl-Freak View Post
Safestrap binary: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/104161-re...65-2013-11-13/

Upgrade from 4.4 to 4.4.2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t-sbf-t2730956
edit: If you upgrading from 4.4, you can likely skip step 8 (wipe/factory reset).
Thank you! I'll post results after 4.4.2 install.

97vulcan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Successfully installed 4.4.2, and it's working great! Thanks again!