Originally Posted by doitinthedirt
the lowest brightness setting is still quite bright would like to decrease it more if possible and not too difficult
1. Download and install Xposed Framework
2. Download and install GravityBox[KK] via Xposed (or if you're still on JellyBean then choose GravityBox[JB])
---a. Apply the GravityBox module and reboot
3. Open GravityBox and click on Display Tweaks (6th option down), then select "Brightness Settings".
4. Turn the switch to "On" and move the slider for "Minimum Brightness Level" down to 1.
5. Reboot to apply the changes.
Autobrightness won't take advantage of these changes but manual brightness will go very very dim now.
This worked for me so I hope this helps!
If you run into errors just quote this post and tell me what went wrong and I'll do my best to try to troubleshoot with you.