[Q] Rooted and now soft brick stuck on boot

Search This thread

TwinsMom

Aug 4, 2011
Help!
I rooted my Moto X (RockMyMoto) and everything has been fine.

Hubby got a new Moto X and I rooted his just fine. However after installing and restoring from Titanium Backup I am now stuck on the boot loader. It gets through all the animations and then freezes just before the verizon logo would typically load. I can press power and down volume buttons to get to the Fastboot screen but when I try any of the options "normal, recovery, factory" they all boot into the same problem.

I'm sure something in his Titanium backup/restore did this but I don't know how to get booted up so I can fix it. Or at this point I'd take a Factory reset and start over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

yghrv

Jul 3, 2012
Help!
I rooted my Moto X (RockMyMoto) and everything has been fine.

Hubby got a new Moto X and I rooted his just fine. However after installing and restoring from Titanium Backup I am now stuck on the boot loader. It gets through all the animations and then freezes just before the verizon logo would typically load. I can press power and down volume buttons to get to the Fastboot screen but when I try any of the options "normal, recovery, factory" they all boot into the same problem.

I'm sure something in his Titanium backup/restore did this but I don't know how to get booted up so I can fix it. Or at this point I'd take a Factory reset and start over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

try this in fastboot mode
fastboot erase cache

Reactions: TwinsMom

TheDNY

Jan 6, 2015
FIxed Solution to Moto X soft brick issue ( SD card Wiped ).

Finally got solution for this soft brick issue.

I had same problem. I accedently wiped my whole sdcard while wiping through twrp.
lost all the files, backup n all. noting to restore !
The only thing left was TWRP on my screen.
N if i tried to reboot, it said "are you sure ? No OS installed" kind of thing. Because there wasnt !

After pulling out an all n8er reading all related posts & threads on XDA, finally i was able return to my stock firmware moto X xt1052 India (AsiaRetail) by following method. (Method applied for all moto X variants provided stock firmware is available)

Thanks to all the bros in this XDA thread
* [GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite OR manual flash)

*ZEDOMAX on youtube.

1.I think in the case of all sd wipe, only flashing any ROM will not work.
But anyway if you havent washed white & still stuck,
go on youtube & search for ZEDOMAX-How to Copy Files Over to your Android In a Bootloop with No OS using ADB!
you will get the video & right instructions. Very helpful.

2 Now if you are all wiped like me, Dont panic ! There is an option of flashing a stock firmware on your device.
Go to this XDA thread
[GUIDE][VIDEO] Moto X - Return to 100% stock (using RSD Lite OR manual flash)
RSD lite worked pretty good for me.

++NOTE++
1. If you are in TWRP recovery & trying to connect to RSD lite, it wont show your device.
Push power + vol up + vol down altogether for about 10 sec & let'em go.(It might stuck on BTLDR UNLKD screen, dont worry, do it again) &
You will enter in fastboot menu. RSD lite will recognize your device Now when you plug USB cable to your PC (After Installing all the drivers suggested in video), you can follow that video from thread to flash stock fmwr. RSD will now work fine.

2. Moto X toolkit is gr8, but not for xt1052. Dont go there.

3. You will get most of the StockFirmwares here. Specially for 1052 bros. I bet you wont find'em this easily anywhere else. !
* www filefactory com/folder/dd05c058d3ff8dbe/?sort=created&order=DESC&show=25 *
(I am not allowed to post links yet ! :p place dot after www & b4 com )

XT1052_RETAIL-ASIA_4.4.4_KXA21.12-L1.26_18_cid7_CFC_1FF.xml_2
is the SF i installed. & it was same as my original one. 624MB.

GoodLuck bros.
I hope it helps to soft bricked bros ending up here. Hit Thanks if it works & of course let me know if there is anything else.

Keep Calm & Return to StackFrmwr.:angel:

verma_ayush

Dec 31, 2014
Delhi
Hey guys... My xolo q500 is bricked. It stucks at the logo and doesn't go further. I was trying to install cwm recovery. But cwm was not available for my device so i tried to flash cwm of some other device from the rom manager. It was of xolo q700.But now my phone niether boots up normally nor boots in the recovery menu. It stucks at the xolo logo. I googled but i found unbricking methods for mediatek devices via sp flash tools but my device is qualcomm based so that didn't worked. Please help me how can i unbrick my device? Is there any method to unbrick qualcomm based devices?

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1421412572159.jpg
    1421412572159.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts