Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted upgrade to 4.4.2 process

Tip us?

guitarbedlam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Rooted upgrade to 4.4.2 process

Hey everyone,

When 4.4.2 is released for the X, what do I need to do to upgrade? I have the Verizon DE Moto X stock rooted. I assume I just need to reflash the stock recovery, install the update, reflash TWRP, and flash the root zip. Is that right?

Thanks!
Smartphones:
1.) Motorola Droid
2.) Motorola Droid 2
3.) Motorola Droid X
4.) Samsung Galaxy Nexus
5.) Samsung Galaxy S III
6.) Moto X Developer Edition

Tablets:
1.) Cheapo China Ebay Android Tablet
2.) Nexus 7

KnappyRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbedlam View Post
Hey everyone,

When 4.4.2 is released for the X, what do I need to do to upgrade? I have the Verizon DE Moto X stock rooted. I assume I just need to reflash the stock recovery, install the update, reflash TWRP, and flash the root zip. Is that right?

Thanks!
I am in the same situation and I was thinking the same thing. I planned on flashing (through fastboot) the stock recovery from the factory image I downloaded from Motorola, install update, reflash (through fastboot) TWRP, and then let TWRP root when I reboot.

I sure hope it is that easy but for some reason I am thinking it's not. Makes me appreciate my GNex a little more.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnappyRoot View Post
I am in the same situation and I was thinking the same thing. I planned on flashing (through fastboot) the stock recovery from the factory image I downloaded from Motorola, install update, reflash (through fastboot) TWRP, and then let TWRP root when I reboot.

I sure hope it is that easy but for some reason I am thinking it's not. Makes me appreciate my GNex a little more.
You also need to have root removed and any mods with root access removed as well, any system files frozen, deleted must be re-installed

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbedlam View Post
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
that is correct
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |