[Q] Rooted upgrade to 4.4.2 process

6th February 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 23

62 posts
More
Hey everyone,

When 4.4.2 is released for the X, what do I need to do to upgrade? I have the Verizon DE Moto X stock rooted. I assume I just need to reflash the stock recovery, install the update, reflash TWRP, and flash the root zip. Is that right?

Thanks!
6th February 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbedlam

Hey everyone,

When 4.4.2 is released for the X, what do I need to do to upgrade? I have the Verizon DE Moto X stock rooted. I assume I just need to reflash the stock recovery, install the update, reflash TWRP, and flash the root zip. Is that right?

Thanks!

I am in the same situation and I was thinking the same thing. I planned on flashing (through fastboot) the stock recovery from the factory image I downloaded from Motorola, install update, reflash (through fastboot) TWRP, and then let TWRP root when I reboot.

I sure hope it is that easy but for some reason I am thinking it's not. Makes me appreciate my GNex a little more.
6th February 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,286

3,755 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnappyRoot

I am in the same situation and I was thinking the same thing. I planned on flashing (through fastboot) the stock recovery from the factory image I downloaded from Motorola, install update, reflash (through fastboot) TWRP, and then let TWRP root when I reboot.

I sure hope it is that easy but for some reason I am thinking it's not. Makes me appreciate my GNex a little more.

You also need to have root removed and any mods with root access removed as well, any system files frozen, deleted must be re-installed

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 215

541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbedlam

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

that is correct
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank