Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting AT&T 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
DustinKimble
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 152
Join Date: Sep 2013
Prompt Rooting AT&T 4.4.2

Please dont flame me for this. Yes i have searched and no i havent found a solid answer.

I recently got my moto x from AT&T and they updated it in store. ive tried most of the other rooting methods with no success. I have Linux (64 bit if it matters) working adb, and working drivers.

What are my options here? i believe i read that i cant down grade to 4.2.2 to successfully root

If someone could point me in the right direction and not flame me that would be awesome. Thanks for any help you can provide, this will be the first phone ive ever had without root if i cant get it working
The Following User Says Thank You to DustinKimble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JGoN86
Old
#2  
JGoN86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 261
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: old Bridge
Only if your bootloader is unlocked. That's it... If not then you just sit back and enjoy the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 411
Posts: 2,122
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinKimble View Post
Please dont flame me for this. Yes i have searched and no i havent found a solid answer.

I recently got my moto x from AT&T and they updated it in store. ive tried most of the other rooting methods with no success. I have Linux (64 bit if it matters) working adb, and working drivers.

What are my options here? i believe i read that i cant down grade to 4.2.2 to successfully root

If someone could point me in the right direction and not flame me that would be awesome. Thanks for any help you can provide, this will be the first phone ive ever had without root if i cant get it working
No root on 442!
Join the outcasts. I have a page of useful links in my signature, but no root. Maybe in late summer.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DustinKimble
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 152
Join Date: Sep 2013
Thanks for the quick responses. This is disappointing, I saw really looking to de bloat and play with utter and touchless control. It doesn't work like I expected it to.... Looks like I'll be trading it in for a g2.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
 
DustinKimble
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 152
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
No root on 442!
Join the outcasts. I have a page of useful links in my signature, but no root. Maybe in late summer.
you definitly get a thank. kii keyboard is exactly what i was looking for. have you ever tried 8sms?
 
aviwdoowks
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 411
Posts: 2,122
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinKimble View Post
you definitly get a thank. kii keyboard is exactly what i was looking for. have you ever tried 8sms?
No. But I shall.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF
 
-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
 
Chronzy
Old
#7  
Chronzy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 289
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norman, OK
Thanks for posing the question because I was wondering the same thing. I just pulled my 1058 out and started using it again; guess I'll stick with rooted 4.4... doesn't look like i'd be gaining much anyway.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more