Ask a question

No registration required

Rooting an nTelos Moto X

OP giggybyte

21st May 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I just got my Moto X. Much better than my really old Droid 3, gonna miss the slide-out keyboard though.

Like a dummy, I updated my phone to KitKat. (4.4.something) Thanks to nTelos being a pretty small carrier, nobody has a 4.2.2 file for me to flash back, therefore, I am stuck with an unrooted Moto X with no way to downgrade.

I'm pretty sure I'm a lost cause, but is there any way to root? I was considering flashing another carrier's sbf onto it, but then I risk bricking it.

Thanks for the help,
Giggybyte

edit: Read around the Moto X forums a bit. It's apparently not possible, and there's even a large bounty for whoever can figure it out. My bad, should've searched first.
Last edited by giggybyte; 21st May 2014 at 02:48 AM.
21st May 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mountain Green
Thanks Meter: 30

150 posts
More
If your Moto X was built in 2014 this link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177) can give you information on who to contact to unlock the bootloader and thus open up the possibility for root. It'll run you $45, but if you are really committed to root, that's the only option with 4.4.2 (as well as any future version).
24th July 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,777

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggybyte

I just got my Moto X. Much better than my really old Droid 3, gonna miss the slide-out keyboard though.

Like a dummy, I updated my phone to KitKat. (4.4.something) Thanks to nTelos being a pretty small carrier, nobody has a 4.2.2 file for me to flash back, therefore, I am stuck with an unrooted Moto X with no way to downgrade.

I'm pretty sure I'm a lost cause, but is there any way to root? I was considering flashing another carrier's sbf onto it, but then I risk bricking it.

Thanks for the help,
Giggybyte

edit: Read around the Moto X forums a bit. It's apparently not possible, and there's even a large bounty for whoever can figure it out. My bad, should've searched first.

What is the model number of your nTelos Moto X?

I just SIM-CRACKED the Sprint Moto X for use on any GSM carrier.

Its not bootloader-unlock, but it might help you use a different carrier, if that is your goal.

My method might should work for you. Myself and others are also very interested in knowing if it works for the nTelos X, and additionally what the model number is. Please advise. I believe it should be XT1049: is that correct?

SIM-CRACK thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...1#post54338871

Thanks in advance for replying with the information I requested.
Last edited by samwathegreat; 24th July 2014 at 02:12 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread