XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rotate Active Display?

Tip us?

The Magician Type 0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] Rotate Active Display?

Pardon the thread if someone's already answered this, but is there a hack anywhere to allow you to rotate the active display feature? I love to enable 180 degree rotation for times when I want the charger to be on top, but the only drawback is Active Notifications still display at the normal orientation.

Can it be done?

natezire71
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician Type 0 View Post
Pardon the thread if someone's already answered this, but is there a hack anywhere to allow you to rotate the active display feature? I love to enable 180 degree rotation for times when I want the charger to be on top, but the only drawback is Active Notifications still display at the normal orientation.

Can it be done?
You could try App Settings. It's an Xposed module.
MotoX, KitKat
Nexus7.2, KitKat
The Following User Says Thank You to natezire71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Magician Type 0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks, I hadn't heard of that module before. I gave it a try and forced the app orientation to auto-rotate and saw no difference. It actually stopped displaying notification info so I had to uninstall App Settings.

I almost wonder if Active Display is hardcoded to display notifications from the standard orientation.

Oh well, thanks anyways!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Tags
active display, moto x, notification, rotation