Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sailfish OS port for moto x ?

OP pujdo1

20th July 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

178 posts
hello,

i wanted to ask if it is possible to port Sailfish OS to the moto x.
The Hardware Adaption Kit for Sailfish was released some days ago. I can't program, neither am i an developer, so any chances that this could be ported, even if our device has a custom soc (moto's x8 soc) ?

here are documentations for the hardware development kit etc.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=49
20th July 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

113 posts
This would be really nice. Although i don't think i can live anymore without my active display and camera twist gesture. :P
21st July 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintasmapila

This would be really nice. Although i don't think i can live anymore without my active display and camera twist gesture. :P

active display is a feature i can't be away from, but the camera twist gesture is something i rarely ever use. I actually never use it because the camera is already so easy to get to by swiping left on the lock screen.
23rd July 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Thumbs up
I've tried thr launcher and it didn't work well to me but... yeah, why not? I will try if someone can port it
23rd July 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 58

277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri6870

active display is a feature i can't be away from, but the camera twist gesture is something i rarely ever use. I actually never use it because the camera is already so easy to get to by swiping left on the lock screen.

The twist gesture from a dead sleep is hands down faster than using the lockscreen. You don't even need to be worried about the power button just twist and shoot

Sent from my XT1060
24th October 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ixonia
Thanks Meter: 111

148 posts
Donate to Me
More
We could just try to flash cm11 then modify the contents of the sailfish os for hammerhead to be compatible with the moto x. Not saying its that easy. Given the sailfish os probably has its own custom kernel among other things like that. But it can be done I bet. Just get a talented dev down here and sure as hell we will have it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread