Ask a question

No registration required

Newest SBF file

OP GandalfTehGray

17th March 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

105 posts
I remember having to delete a line during the sbf process for SlapMyMoto, with the new 4.4.2 sbf file will this be necessary again?
17th March 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,849

13,337 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

This guide can answer your questions better, or look in the locked bootloader threads.

But if you are on 4.4.2 now and not rooted, you're out of luck. You can't do it. You can possibly downgrade, tho it can lead to a brick if not done completely properly.

If you are already rooted before updating to 4.4.2, depending how you upgraded, you will have root....but read/write is enabled and can't currently be disabled on 4.4.2. So any root changes you make will be gone if you hard reboot or power off the phone.

Read up for more info.

Sent from my cell phone telephone....
17th March 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

293 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

This guide can answer your questions better, or look in the locked bootloader threads.

But if you are on 4.4.2 now and not rooted, you're out of luck. You can't do it. You can possibly downgrade, tho it can lead to a brick if not done completely properly.

If you are already rooted before updating to 4.4.2, depending how you upgraded, you will have root....but read/write is enabled and can't currently be disabled on 4.4.2. So any root changes you make will be gone if you hard reboot or power off the phone.

Read up for more info.

As you saw from my other thread, I'm on rooted 4.4.2 with read/write enabled. Is it safe flash the 4.4.2 SBF back to stock or is that considered a downgrade? I read going back to stock is recommended before unlocking the bootloader.

Thanks
Last edited by EvanVanVan; 17th March 2014 at 11:27 PM.
17th March 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Read up for more info.

I'm unlocked now, I wanted to go through RSD for my problem but ended up pulling the needed files and flashing what I needed through fastboot.
17th March 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,849

13,337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan

As you saw from my other thread, I'm on rooted 4.4.2 with read/write enabled. Is it safe flash the 4.4.2 SBF back to stock or is that considered a downgrade? I read going back to stock is recommended before unlocking the bootloader.

Thanks

You can't be on 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader, rooted with write protection disabled. If you are, you're the first and only one on here.

I think we're miscommunicating a bit.

I am sure what you have is root.....with write protection enabled. As is the issue with 4.4.2. Meaning, if you hard reboot, you lose all root changes. Correct?

But no, you don't need to do anything to unlock the bootloader. Your phone will be wiped during the process. You'll have to flash custom recovery and root after. Then install all your apps again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread