Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newest SBF file

Tip us?

GandalfTehGray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Newest SBF file

I remember having to delete a line during the sbf process for SlapMyMoto, with the new 4.4.2 sbf file will this be necessary again?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358

This guide can answer your questions better, or look in the locked bootloader threads.

But if you are on 4.4.2 now and not rooted, you're out of luck. You can't do it. You can possibly downgrade, tho it can lead to a brick if not done completely properly.

If you are already rooted before updating to 4.4.2, depending how you upgraded, you will have root....but read/write is enabled and can't currently be disabled on 4.4.2. So any root changes you make will be gone if you hard reboot or power off the phone.

Read up for more info.

Sent from my cell phone telephone....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

EvanVanVan
Old
(Last edited by EvanVanVan; 17th March 2014 at 10:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post

This guide can answer your questions better, or look in the locked bootloader threads.

But if you are on 4.4.2 now and not rooted, you're out of luck. You can't do it. You can possibly downgrade, tho it can lead to a brick if not done completely properly.

If you are already rooted before updating to 4.4.2, depending how you upgraded, you will have root....but read/write is enabled and can't currently be disabled on 4.4.2. So any root changes you make will be gone if you hard reboot or power off the phone.

Read up for more info.

As you saw from my other thread, I'm on rooted 4.4.2 with read/write enabled. Is it safe flash the 4.4.2 SBF back to stock or is that considered a downgrade? I read going back to stock is recommended before unlocking the bootloader.

Thanks

GandalfTehGray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post

Read up for more info.

I'm unlocked now, I wanted to go through RSD for my problem but ended up pulling the needed files and flashing what I needed through fastboot.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanVanVan View Post
As you saw from my other thread, I'm on rooted 4.4.2 with read/write enabled. Is it safe flash the 4.4.2 SBF back to stock or is that considered a downgrade? I read going back to stock is recommended before unlocking the bootloader.

Thanks
You can't be on 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader, rooted with write protection disabled. If you are, you're the first and only one on here.

I think we're miscommunicating a bit.

I am sure what you have is root.....with write protection enabled. As is the issue with 4.4.2. Meaning, if you hard reboot, you lose all root changes. Correct?

But no, you don't need to do anything to unlock the bootloader. Your phone will be wiped during the process. You'll have to flash custom recovery and root after. Then install all your apps again.

Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]