Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Exclamation [Q] Root motox RockMyMoto error

OP teddy2122

21st November 2013, 09:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Im trying to root my moto x with RockMyDroid and when i try the telnet command with the cydia impactor i get an error message reading : Link failed file exists.... any suggestions?
28th November 2013, 08:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 93

1,323 posts
Did you ever sort this out?
The Following User Says Thank You to eallan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 06:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

259 posts
im also getting same issue and the threads for rock my moto slapy my moto have been un responsive for any info . so your not the only one
10th January 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy2122

Im trying to root my moto x with RockMyDroid and when i try the telnet command with the cydia impactor i get an error message reading : Link failed file exists.... any suggestions?

bump...

Same for me. I've been struggling for 3 days with no luck. Everything goes well until "telnet {my moto x ip} 2222" in Impactor. "Link Failed file exists"

Someone help!
10th January 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vancouver

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevertrevor777

bump...

Same for me. I've been struggling for 3 days with no luck. Everything goes well until "telnet {my moto x ip} 2222" in Impactor. "Link Failed file exists"

Someone help!

Are you using the cydia impactor correctly? I had this issue because i was trying to use the "telnet {ip} 2222" command in the impactor instead of the command prompt. to do it correctly:

open the impactor
use the drop down menu on the impactor, choose "# start telnetd as system on port 2222"
Hit start
when that has completed, Open up a new command prompt window and type telnet {ip} 2222"
you should now be connected

Let me know if this helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to teddy2122 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 131

703 posts
Unlock your phone or disable the key guard before starting Impactor
11th January 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #7  

15 posts
Link Failed file exists - SOLVED
Quote:

I fell your pain. I struggled with the same error. When I figured it out I felt like an idiot. After you open the telnet session in Cydia Impactor, move over to the command prompt to run "telnet {device ip} 2222". I assume you attempted to run this in Cydia Impactor as well.
11th January 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #8  

15 posts
Quote:

Are you using the cydia impactor correctly? I had this issue because i was trying to use the "telnet {ip} 2222" command in the impactor instead of the command prompt. to do it correctly:

open the impactor
use the drop down menu on the impactor, choose "# start telnetd as system on port 2222"
Hit start
when that has completed, Open up a new command prompt window and type telnet {ip} 2222"
you should now be connected

Let me know if this helped!

A buddy just showed me the solution... You were exactly correct. Also, for anyone else in the same situation, also ensure that telnet is activated in windows.

CONTROL PANEL -> PROGRAMS AND FEATURES -> TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF -> SCROLL DOWN AND CHECK THE TELNET CLIENT BOX

Hopefully that helps someone out there. Happy rooting!
16th May 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #9  

41 posts
Mine was active, but its not longer working. I was able to root earlier but its not working now stating that the file exists already. and when I try using puttytel it tells me that:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
~ $
and thats as far as I can go. And I check root, nothing, i check SU nothing, nothing is working (
16th May 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #10  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,849

13,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahnyyz

Mine was active, but its not longer working. I was able to root earlier but its not working now stating that the file exists already. and when I try using puttytel it tells me that:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
~ $
and thats as far as I can go. And I check root, nothing, i check SU nothing, nothing is working (

You can buy an unlock code again for the bootloader. I'd get on it quick tho, before it ends again.

Then you can root easily, without all the exploits.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread