Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root motox RockMyMoto error

Tip us?

teddy2122
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation [Q] Root motox RockMyMoto error

Im trying to root my moto x with RockMyDroid and when i try the telnet command with the cydia impactor i get an error message reading : Link failed file exists.... any suggestions?

eallan
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Did you ever sort this out?
The Following User Says Thank You to eallan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emmabellachristian
Old
Thanks Meter 22
im also getting same issue and the threads for rock my moto slapy my moto have been un responsive for any info . so your not the only one

clevertrevor777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy2122 View Post
Im trying to root my moto x with RockMyDroid and when i try the telnet command with the cydia impactor i get an error message reading : Link failed file exists.... any suggestions?
bump...

Same for me. I've been struggling for 3 days with no luck. Everything goes well until "telnet {my moto x ip} 2222" in Impactor. "Link Failed file exists"

Someone help!

teddy2122
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevertrevor777 View Post
bump...

Same for me. I've been struggling for 3 days with no luck. Everything goes well until "telnet {my moto x ip} 2222" in Impactor. "Link Failed file exists"

Someone help!
Are you using the cydia impactor correctly? I had this issue because i was trying to use the "telnet {ip} 2222" command in the impactor instead of the command prompt. to do it correctly:

open the impactor
use the drop down menu on the impactor, choose "# start telnetd as system on port 2222"
Hit start
when that has completed, Open up a new command prompt window and type telnet {ip} 2222"
you should now be connected

Let me know if this helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to teddy2122 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Unlock your phone or disable the key guard before starting Impactor

clevertrevor777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Link Failed file exists - SOLVED

Quote:
I fell your pain. I struggled with the same error. When I figured it out I felt like an idiot. After you open the telnet session in Cydia Impactor, move over to the command prompt to run "telnet {device ip} 2222". I assume you attempted to run this in Cydia Impactor as well.

clevertrevor777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you using the cydia impactor correctly? I had this issue because i was trying to use the "telnet {ip} 2222" command in the impactor instead of the command prompt. to do it correctly:

open the impactor
use the drop down menu on the impactor, choose "# start telnetd as system on port 2222"
Hit start
when that has completed, Open up a new command prompt window and type telnet {ip} 2222"
you should now be connected

Let me know if this helped!
A buddy just showed me the solution... You were exactly correct. Also, for anyone else in the same situation, also ensure that telnet is activated in windows.

CONTROL PANEL -> PROGRAMS AND FEATURES -> TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF -> SCROLL DOWN AND CHECK THE TELNET CLIENT BOX

Hopefully that helps someone out there. Happy rooting!

Vahnyyz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mine was active, but its not longer working. I was able to root earlier but its not working now stating that the file exists already. and when I try using puttytel it tells me that:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
~ $
and thats as far as I can go. And I check root, nothing, i check SU nothing, nothing is working (

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahnyyz View Post
Mine was active, but its not longer working. I was able to root earlier but its not working now stating that the file exists already. and when I try using puttytel it tells me that:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
~ $
and thats as far as I can go. And I check root, nothing, i check SU nothing, nothing is working (
You can buy an unlock code again for the bootloader. I'd get on it quick tho, before it ends again.

Then you can root easily, without all the exploits.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips