Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can USA bought moto x be unlocked ..?? How ?? To indian carrier

Tip us?

kartrikpal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Can USA bought moto x be unlocked ..?? How ?? To indian carrier

Hello xda developers .. As I have seen lots of carriers bring up huge data and carrier plan for 2 yrs with at & t .. Iam much worried of buying moto into India as unlocked one which costs higher !!

I'm planning to get of as a locked carrier with at & t @$199 .. Can it be unlocked for indian mobile carrier at easy rate ?? Or else guide me !!

Sent from my Defy + MB526 using xda app-premium app

Additional Audio Tweak - SKULLCANDY Plays loud

PREVIOUSLY OWNED COMMUNICATOR :
  • Motorola Rokr E 8
  • First owned Droid - Samsung Galaxy 5 GT i5503 - Stock 2.1 & Froyo

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
You can unlock the locked one. However, it won't be easy to just get it for $199. AT&T requires a contract for that, and cancelling the contract costs $350. If you cancel within one month, you have to give the phone back. At $550 + the cost of one month of service, it will cost you more than the $600 that the unlocked one will cost you.
The Following User Says Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kartrikpal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell View Post
You can unlock the locked one. However, it won't be easy to just get it for $199. AT&T requires a contract for that, and cancelling the contract costs $350. If you cancel within one month, you have to give the phone back. At $550 + the cost of one month of service, it will cost you more than the $600 that the unlocked one will cost you.
then where can i afford moto x at very low cost !! im ready to spend $250.. and want a best phone ...can this be bought from any gray market ?? or any phones wit minimum of 2Gb of Ram ...???

• Motorola Rokr E 8

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartrikpal View Post
then where can i afford moto x at very low cost !! im ready to spend $250.. and want a best phone ...can this be bought from any gray market ?? or any phones wit minimum of 2Gb of Ram ...???
You're not going to find a Moto X for $250 anywhere right now. If you do, it's either stolen or fake.

Your best bet is to find a used Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4. Other than those, I don't think there are any phones with 2GB RAM anywhere near your price range.

ITMASTER
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mine is unlcoked and I bought in US from Claro spanish version and it's working with all sims internationally.
The Following User Says Thank You to ITMASTER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kartrikpal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
can u get me ur refrence and contact were i can pay and get temme asap !

• Motorola Rokr E 8

anirudh412
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Quote:
Take a deep breath man! As someone already mentioned, there's no way to get a Moto X for 250. The lowest someone paid for theirs is 300. I myself got a brand new one for 350 on the local craigslist. Asked my friend to get it from the US. If you have any further questions, PM me. I'll try helping you out.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 839
Quote:
There isn't a way to get any relatively new phone for that price. Try ebay for used phones. Swappa is better, but I don't know if it works in your country.

tadiboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlocked MOTO X

Hi I am planning to purchase an unlocked MOTO X from moto maker US website. Will it work in INDIA with local SIMS? or I am better off buying it in INDIA directly?

Thanks

TheSaw
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadiboy View Post
Hi I am planning to purchase an unlocked MOTO X from moto maker US website. Will it work in INDIA with local SIMS? or I am better off buying it in INDIA directly?

Thanks
Check here what bands of any variant match your indian carrier's bands. Most likely it's the T-Mobile variant, which is already unlucked at purchase.
GS2 i9100 - CM10.1.3
MotoX [XT1053|32GB|B/WB/B]