Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can USA bought moto x be unlocked ..?? How ?? To indian carrier

OP kartrikpal

28th September 2013, 09:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 7

63 posts
More
Hello xda developers .. As I have seen lots of carriers bring up huge data and carrier plan for 2 yrs with at & t .. Iam much worried of buying moto into India as unlocked one which costs higher !!

I'm planning to get of as a locked carrier with at & t @$199 .. Can it be unlocked for indian mobile carrier at easy rate ?? Or else guide me !!

Sent from my Defy + MB526 using xda app-premium app
28th September 2013, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 199

725 posts
You can unlock the locked one. However, it won't be easy to just get it for $199. AT&T requires a contract for that, and cancelling the contract costs $350. If you cancel within one month, you have to give the phone back. At $550 + the cost of one month of service, it will cost you more than the $600 that the unlocked one will cost you.
The Following User Says Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2013, 03:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag coimbatore

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

You can unlock the locked one. However, it won't be easy to just get it for $199. AT&T requires a contract for that, and cancelling the contract costs $350. If you cancel within one month, you have to give the phone back. At $550 + the cost of one month of service, it will cost you more than the $600 that the unlocked one will cost you.

then where can i afford moto x at very low cost !! im ready to spend $250.. and want a best phone ...can this be bought from any gray market ?? or any phones wit minimum of 2Gb of Ram ...???
29th September 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 199

725 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartrikpal

then where can i afford moto x at very low cost !! im ready to spend $250.. and want a best phone ...can this be bought from any gray market ?? or any phones wit minimum of 2Gb of Ram ...???

You're not going to find a Moto X for $250 anywhere right now. If you do, it's either stolen or fake.

Your best bet is to find a used Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4. Other than those, I don't think there are any phones with 2GB RAM anywhere near your price range.
29th September 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

221 posts
Mine is unlcoked and I bought in US from Claro spanish version and it's working with all sims internationally.
The Following User Says Thank You to ITMASTER For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2013, 09:44 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag coimbatore

63 posts
More
can u get me ur refrence and contact were i can pay and get temme asap !
26th November 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 316

980 posts
More
Quote:

Take a deep breath man! As someone already mentioned, there's no way to get a Moto X for 250. The lowest someone paid for theirs is 300. I myself got a brand new one for 350 on the local craigslist. Asked my friend to get it from the US. If you have any further questions, PM me. I'll try helping you out.
27th November 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 930

3,138 posts
More
Quote:

There isn't a way to get any relatively new phone for that price. Try ebay for used phones. Swappa is better, but I don't know if it works in your country.
27th January 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unlocked MOTO X
Hi I am planning to purchase an unlocked MOTO X from moto maker US website. Will it work in INDIA with local SIMS? or I am better off buying it in INDIA directly?

Thanks
27th January 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #10  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 414

863 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadiboy

Hi I am planning to purchase an unlocked MOTO X from moto maker US website. Will it work in INDIA with local SIMS? or I am better off buying it in INDIA directly?

Thanks

Check here what bands of any variant match your indian carrier's bands. Most likely it's the T-Mobile variant, which is already unlucked at purchase.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread