Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wi-Fi turning itself on?

Tip us?

The Tallest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Wi-Fi turning itself on?

Is there a way to keep the Wi-Fi from turning itself on whenever the phone detects a connection point? I've got the phone set to not turn it on but it seems to not care how I have it set. I noticed twice yesterday and three times today it has turned itself on even though I had it off and told it not to. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix or Xposed module to get rid of this annoyance?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-16-02-56.png
Views:	47
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	2673917  

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2788
It won't... Unless you have some strange issue...turn itself on if you toggled it off.

If its on....it will always connect to "known" networks as soon as you're in range. Thats how its designed. 😉

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Tallest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
But it's not on. I only turn it on when I'm home. When I'm out I just use the network. I noticed I get the, "There are available networks" notification even though it's been set to off. I shouldn't be getting the notifications when it's off.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tallest View Post
But it's not on. I only turn it on when I'm home. When I'm out I just use the network. I noticed I get the, "There are available networks" notification even though it's been set to off. I shouldn't be getting the notifications when it's off.
I've never heard of that. Lol

Did you put on some strange setting? 99.9 percent of the time, if its toggled off....its off.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Tallest
Old
(Last edited by The Tallest; 8th April 2014 at 01:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
It's strange and annoying because when I click on the notification it shows that Wi-Fi is on. I never turned it on. I did download the Snapdragon Battery Guru and I noticed there is an option in there that allows the Wi-Fi to turn itself on for no apparent reason. I honestly have to idea why anyone would want their Wi-Fi to turn on by itself is beyond me. At any rate I unchecked that box so hopefully it doesn't do it anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-20-49-21.png
Views:	25
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	2674184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-07-20-48-07.png
Views:	25
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	2674185