Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any sightings of the official VZ 4.4.2 OTA?

Tip us?
 
Garageguy05
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default [Q] Any sightings of the official VZ 4.4.2 OTA?

I'm in the midst of rooting - grabbing a late hour here, late hour there. Probably about 50% through the whole SlapMyMoto downgrade / upgrade process.

Was warned that I need to get this done asap, as once 4.4.2 is out, all bets are off.

As part of the SlapMyMoto process involves allowing the phone to upgrade via the 4.4. OTA, I'm getting a bit nervous that I'd get 4.4.2 instead. Hence the question as to whether VZ's 4.4.2 OTA had been sighted yet...

Any and all insights appreciated.

TIA
GG
 
aldouse
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 187
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Milpitas
so far nothing yet on VZW.

just to be sure... are you absolutely set on rooting? i only ask because the Moto X in my opinion is by far nearest to being perfect and i'm looking forward the 4.4.2 OTA (whenever it comes out). I haven't had the root/rom bug since this phone. all other androids i've owned i've always been a flashaholic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garageguy05 View Post
I'm in the midst of rooting - grabbing a late hour here, late hour there. Probably about 50% through the whole SlapMyMoto downgrade / upgrade process.

Was warned that I need to get this done asap, as once 4.4.2 is out, all bets are off.

As part of the SlapMyMoto process involves allowing the phone to upgrade via the 4.4. OTA, I'm getting a bit nervous that I'd get 4.4.2 instead. Hence the question as to whether VZ's 4.4.2 OTA had been sighted yet...

Any and all insights appreciated.

TIA
GG
002photography.com

current: Galaxy Note 3

past: Moto-X/HTC One/iPhone 5/iPhone 4s/Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy S3/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S2/Nexus S4/HTC Evo Shift/HTC Evo
 
Garageguy05
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2011
Need moar tether!

 
KidJoe
Old
#4  
KidJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 743
Posts: 1,918
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garageguy05 View Post
... I'm getting a bit nervous that I'd get 4.4.2 instead. Hence the question as to whether VZ's 4.4.2 OTA had been sighted yet...
The OTA upgrades have been incremental. So you'll step up from 4.2.2 to 4.4 to 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Garageguy05
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2011
Makes perfect sense. My stress levels just dropped back to zero.

This is why this board is worth its weight in gold.

Thank you for the insight.

GG
 
Cozume
Old
#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garageguy05 View Post
Makes perfect sense. My stress levels just dropped back to zero.
Sprint is next to get 4.4.2 and they are still in the soak test. Verizon soak test hasn't even begun.
 
jimmypop13
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 192
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Guy on reddit got 4.4.2 on Verizon today. Said he works for Verizon. Produced a screenshot too but failed to grab the OTA link for us
 
Cozume
Old
(Last edited by Cozume; 20th February 2014 at 10:17 PM.)
#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Guy on reddit got 4.4.2 on Verizon today. Said he works for Verizon. Produced a screenshot too but failed to grab the OTA link for us
So the verizon soak test will start soon.

ETA - looks like very soon; the invites have gone out.
 
kungpowchicken
Old
#9  
kungpowchicken's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 175
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas
Just got an email about the soak test myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to kungpowchicken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
edthesped
Old
(Last edited by edthesped; 21st February 2014 at 01:33 AM.)
#10  
edthesped's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 305
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpowchicken View Post
Just got an email about the soak test myself.
Nice

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes