XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim card error

Tip us?

bradellis51
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Sim card error

Does anyone know why my moto x might be eating every sim card i insert into the phone? Sim cards only last about 2 weeks in the phone before a little red icon appears in the notification tray and says no sim inserted. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Its not fun going back and forth to the bell store and getting a new sim card.

Thanks

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 172
I would try and get the phone replaced sounds like something is wrong with the SIM card slot on the phone

Sent from Rooted Sprint Moto X, TWRP, enhanced kernel
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 163
One sim card biting the dust happens, if it has been two or three then there is likely something wrong with the phones hardware. I assume you're using proper nano sims and not something cut down?

Or the Moto X just doesn't like Bell, which would make it a very smart phone

bradellis51
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
One sim card biting the dust happens, if it has been two or three then there is likely something wrong with the phones hardware. I assume you're using proper nano sims and not something cut down?

Or the Moto X just doesn't like Bell, which would make it a very smart phone

yeah I'm using proper nano sim cards lol. But anyways, I guess i need to send it out for repair. Does anyone know what can cause this problem though? or just a hardware malfunction?
Tags
card, error, moto x, sim, sim card