[Q] Sim Card Error

Tip us?

jairal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Sim Card Error

Hi,

I have recently bought a MotoX Sprint XT1056 not developer ed. I have unlocked the phone using this guide from on youtube watch?v=sw675ipX-ds

It is unlocked now and I can detect the network operators available but cant register to any. There is a red triangle with a white + on the celular signal icon. The sim I am using was tested on an iPhone 5 and works, using an micro sim adaptor it works on my S4. The sim is cut, however using a proper nano sim it still says sim error.

I would really like to use the MotoX I think it is a really solid phone and feels good at hand, what could the issue be??

stanislavshulgin
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
You have unlocked bootloader of your phone, that does nothing with sim lock. Sprint devices are locked so you should contact them before you can use them in other networks
Moto X Sprint БЛRRRRRRRRR~
Sprint - bang your heads against a wall, please

jairal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have looked around the forum and other sites. Is sprint moto x a gsm phone or cdma? Because I can detect gsm networks. But cellunlocker says my phone is not gsm. Anyone can confirm it?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jairal View Post
I have looked around the forum and other sites. Is sprint moto x a gsm phone or cdma? Because I can detect gsm networks. But cellunlocker says my phone is not gsm. Anyone can confirm it?

Sprint and Verizon use CDMA on their networks for Voice and 3G data, however they include GSM bands for "global roaming capabilities" and also support LTE.

Sprint ships their phones with the GSM side sim locked. Verizon's X is shipped Sim UNLOCKED. (this is separate from locked/unlocked bootloader).

There are a few threads I've seen about people trying to use Sprint Moto X with the SIM of a GSM carrier and running into difficulties due to the SIM Lock. I haven't seen any "this is how I sim unlocked my Sprint Moto X and got it working on a GSM carrier" type posts. I've seen a few suggestions of "call sprint to try and unlock." This might work, but it might not. Some carriers have rules around sim unlocking... (must be current customer, billing must be current, have to be customer for xxx days, etc).

jairal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How to get the unlock window to pop out? Inserting a foreign sim doesnt seem to make it work.