[Q] Slapmymoto guide questions

Search This thread

IDKHow2Play

Dec 5, 2013
I would like to root my moto x but don't have any experience rooting the device. So after a bit of searching it seems like Slapmymoto is how I need to root my at&t moto x. I am now trying to understand the guide and I have a few questions.

1. Does Slapmymoto work in the ART runtime or do I need to stay in Dalvik.

2. Seeing as i have never rooted my moto x before do I need to flash it back to 4.2.2.

3. Are Steps 1-4 for people have previously rooted there moto x with and earlier versions of slapmymoto. Or do first timers like myself need to follow those steps.

4. In step 2 it says you need to unzip Slapmymoto 0.3 is this a mistake or do I need to download Slapmymoto 0.3.

5. Also in Step 2 the guide wants us to input the code "adb push SlapMyMoto.jar /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar". Is this done in command prompt

6. Are there any other programs I need to download that the guide does not specify.

I am new to rooting and don't have any knowledge so right now I am just trying to learn

bongostl

Apr 28, 2010
Check out my guide in the general section... short answers below....but use the guide. It will be two helpful to you as a beginner.

It might take you a while, but you'll learn a lot by doing it.

Yes. 2. Seeing as i have never rooted my moto x before do I need to flash it back to 4.2.2.

Do every step 3. Are Steps 1-4 for people have previously rooted there moto x with and earlier versions of slapmymoto. Or do first timers like myself need to follow those steps.

Usethe newest version .5c. 4. In step 2 it says you need to unzip Slapmymoto 0.3 is this a mistake or do I need to download Slapmymoto 0.3.

Yes. Follow my guide for how to set up adb / fastboot. 5. Also in Step 2 the guide wants us to input the code "adb push SlapMyMoto.jar /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar". Is this done in command prompt

Follow my guide 6. Are there any other programs I need to download that the guide does not specify.

I am new to rooting and don't have any knowledge so right now I am just trying to learn

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2556400

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Hit me up on twitter if you need help along the way. Bongostl

Last edited:
Reactions: IDKHow2Play

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check out my guide in the general section... short answers below....but use the guide. It will be two helpful to you as a beginner.

It might take you a while, but you'll learn a lot by doing it.

Yes. 2. Seeing as i have never rooted my moto x before do I need to flash it back to 4.2.2.

Do every step 3. Are Steps 1-4 for people have previously rooted there moto x with and earlier versions of slapmymoto. Or do first timers like myself need to follow those steps.

Usethe newest version .5c. 4. In step 2 it says you need to unzip Slapmymoto 0.3 is this a mistake or do I need to download Slapmymoto 0.3.

Yes. Follow my guide for how to set up adb / fastboot. 5. Also in Step 2 the guide wants us to input the code "adb push SlapMyMoto.jar /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar". Is this done in command prompt

Follow my guide 6. Are there any other programs I need to download that the guide does not specify.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2556400

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Hit me up on twitter if you need help along the way. Bongostl