Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Something old, something new

Tip us?

texaslegend
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Something old, something new

My phone:
VZN DE Moto x
4.2.2 after upgrade to 4.5 then downgrade to 4.2.2
Unlocked boot loader
Rooted

OLD: I've had this issue since my DE came or of the box and sync'd with activesync the first time. Although I have the proper contacts displayed and they are marked to sync my contacts from my corporate email don't display in my people app. If I use touchdown they sync and display perfectly fine. All my Google contacts sync without any issue. They didn't work on 4.2.2 as phone was shipped nor after official 4.4 OTA update and not after root and revert back to 4.2.2. I've consulted with our IT&S folks and they tell me the servers are current and don't have any reports from others with issue like this. Anyone have any clue what might be the issue?

NEW: I was out playing with kids left my phone in to charge. When I checked it next it was wiped. I still had root however and the 4.4 update was in the process of downloading. I let it finish, froze motoOTA and delete the cache update file to prevent install. Anyone ever had the issue of a spontaneous wipe?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

texaslegend
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So.... I stated my problem incorrectly. I realized my corp contacts do sync they just aren't displayed.

I looked in the apps and see that there is 7 MB of data in contacts storage. That's about right for around 1900 contacts. Yeah it's a lot, I know I need to do some housekeeping but that's what a sales job will get you.

Anyway, I deleted all my gmail contacts and corp contacts thinking maybe a fresh reload would help. I only reloaded my corp contacts and while contacts storage data is back they aren't displayed.

I've tried removing and adding back my corp account to see if that would work but no dice.

I got touchdown installed and sure enough the corp contacts sync and display just fine but they still don't show up in the people app.

I have the appropriate "contacts to display" checked, our work servers haven't changed/updated since I was on my RAZR m (when I didn't have issue with contacts) it's all been since I got this DE moto x phone.

Where is the vcard or whatever the people app uses to display contacts? Does it need to be named something special?

Would the Motorola digital personalization app be causing any conflicts?

I've got contacts apk and odek.... should I?

Is there a log or something I could run and post for someone to review?

This is driving me up the wall...at my wit's end. anyone have any ideas?

texaslegend
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Another strange action is if I export the contacts from the corp people app to storage (still nothing on the display) then import that same vcf file back to people all my contacts are there.