Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Moto-x call quality?

Tip us?

mymod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Sprint Moto-x call quality?

I recently picked up a Sprint moto-x from amazon. Love the phone, but the call quality was just terrible. I experienced a persistent hissing sound whenever the other party spoke, as well as noticeable delay between speaking, and being heard at the other end. This is in contrast to my old Galaxy S2, which performs flawlessly in the same area (Chicago IL). I ended up returning the phone after two days. I am now considering purchasing another unit, just to confirm it was not a defect in the hardware. Has anybody experienced similar issues? Are there any solutions to this problem?

VerneVerne
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymod View Post
I recently picked up a Sprint moto-x from amazon. Love the phone, but the call quality was just terrible. I experienced a persistent hissing sound whenever the other party spoke, as well as noticeable delay between speaking, and being heard at the other end. This is in contrast to my old Galaxy S2, which performs flawlessly in the same area (Chicago IL). I ended up returning the phone after two days. I am now considering purchasing another unit, just to confirm it was not a defect in the hardware. Has anybody experienced similar issues? Are there any solutions to this problem?
I'm also on Sprint with a Moto X and haven't noticed any sound issues with calling.

ItsTommyGun
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymod View Post
I have had the EVO LTE, Galaxy S4 and Moto X all within the last year. I would definitely agree that there is a sound quality issue with the moto x. I think it has to do with a poor quality earpiece speaker. Bluetooth sounds fine, and speakerphone is okayish. The galaxy s4 sounded the best of the three.

That being said. I'm still choosing to use the Moto X over the S4.