Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Sprint Moto X: Tether without root?

OP bobby2478

31st January 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
By reading a myriad of different threads, it would appear that on the Sprint Moto X, you aren't able to create a mobile hotspot and tether for free over Wifi UNLESS you root the device, and then you need to do a work around.

Does it matter which version of Android you are using on a Sprint stock Moto X? Is the only way to share your data connection with a tablet over Wifi to root your Moto X? I couldn't tell if there was an easier way.

What about the Sprint version of the Nexus 5? Is that any different? I'm seriously considering getting the X and appreciate the help.
31st January 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Fort Myers,FL
Thanks Meter: 239

572 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2478

By reading a myriad of different threads, it would appear that on the Sprint Moto X, you aren't able to create a mobile hotspot and tether for free over Wifi UNLESS you root the device, and then you need to do a work around.

Does it matter which version of Android you are using on a Sprint stock Moto X? Is the only way to share your data connection with a tablet over Wifi to root your Moto X? I couldn't tell if there was an easier way.

What about the Sprint version of the Nexus 5? Is that any different? I'm seriously considering getting the X and appreciate the help.

you have 2 options for tether

No Root and pay your carrier the extra money for tether
Root and use the native tether mod
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread