Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 46,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does a Sprint X work on Verizon?

Tip us?

fargles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Does a Sprint X work on Verizon?

I've searched around and everywhere says that the VZW X works on Sprint but, does the opposite work? I know VZW's X is set up with a plethora of radios but I haven't seen how Sprint's is set up.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT907

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 73
No. No chance Verizon would allow a phone from another carrier to be activated on their network.

Durteedee
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhizzat View Post
No. No chance Verizon would allow a phone from another carrier to be activated on their network.
Unless it is flashed

from the depths of Sawny TL
Using Tapatalk

DANIEL AMBRUSO
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I think Verizon turn to sprint is possible but i am not sure to know sprint turn to Verizon...

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargles View Post
I've searched around and everywhere says that the VZW X works on Sprint but, does the opposite work? I know VZW's X is set up with a plethora of radios but I haven't seen how Sprint's is set up.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT907
I've not seen any mention of the Verizon X working on Sprint. I have seen posts of the Verizon X working on GSM carriers due to the GSM bands it supports (mainly for global roaming as far as Verizon is concerned), and SIM Unlocked out of the box (due to VZW's 700Mhz auction win). And LTE working on carriers like T-Mobile who also use Band 4 for LTE.

Either way, Sprint and Verizon still use CDMA for Voice, SMS, and 2G/3G data but on different frequencies. So I would not expect the Sprint X to be able to work on Verizon.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-