Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock kernel

Tip us?

daede86
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
You shouldn't have flashed that custom rom. Now you have to wait for the full sbf to be leaked which could take weeks or months. By flashing the custom rom, you overwrote /system.

If you didn't do that, you could have simply flashed the boot.img from the 4.4.4 OTA file.

Your only other option is to find someone with the same variant as you have on 4.4.4 and ask them to do a twrp backup of just system and boot. Then flash that backup.

Remember: you can't downgrade without great risk of bricking - either immediately or in the future.
i've found an user so kind to share with me his system and boot backup!!

so how should i proceed?! this time i want to be sure

to use my moto in the past days, i flashed kripton rom! so should i just restore from recovery the backup (after a factory reset)?

thanks a lot!!

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daede86 View Post
i've found an user so kind to share with me his system and boot backup!!

so how should i proceed?! this time i want to be sure

to use my moto in the past days, i flashed kripton rom! so should i just restore from recovery the backup (after a factory reset)?

thanks a lot!!
You should be able to boot to twrp, and flash the backup using restore button. Make sure you erase userdata afterwards.

Before you start, you need to copy the backup to your internal storage in the twrp backup folder, of course.

Don't erase userdata until after you have restored the backup otherwise you will erase the backup! Everything on the internal memory will be erased, so save anything important such as pictures to your PC first.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT