5,598,718 Members 37,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock messaging doesn't have quick reply option?

Tip us?

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 242
Default Stock messaging doesn't have quick reply option?

I thought the stock Kit Kat messaging had the quick reply option in the pull down. As well as the "read" and "call" options. Has that been taken out? Talking about same thing with Gmail and how you can quick reply just from the pull down.

DanRyb
Old
Thanks Meter 19
As far as I know, that was never available on any version of Android unfortunately. I had those options in the notification pull down when I used CM Messages app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
I thought the stock Kit Kat messaging had the quick reply option in the pull down. As well as the "read" and "call" options. Has that been taken out? Talking about same thing with Gmail and how you can quick reply just from the pull down.

mpetruzz
Old
Thanks Meter 99
I just installed evolvesms and its pretty sweet.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 242
Yeah that's interesting. Well I'll just continue to use 8sms. Has the quick reply feature if anyone was looking for it.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

spencer88
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
That's the modified CM messaging app you're talking about. I wish stock android had that as that's probably the feature I miss most of CM.
If you sign up for Copy, we both get more space! Sign up here https://copy.com?r=iffgs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
Wow. I would ask if you have ever heard of the internet, but clearly you are using it.

Jizzylax
Old
Thanks Meter 540
The stock messaging app sucks. I use Textra.

sent from Moto X
Boobs