Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root the European Version MOTO X XT1052?

Tip us?

Slorks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Question [Q] Root the European Version MOTO X XT1052?

Hey guys, has anybody achieved root on the spanking new XT1052 the European variant of the Moto X?

I tried getting the bootloader unlocked from Moto support site and apparently the device was not up for bootloader unlocking.. Bumer

Would the XT1053 root methods work? I'm a semi Noob so I'd rather ask before I do something stupid.

Thanks in advance people.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 171
I believe that phone shipped with version 4.4.2, which means the only way to gain root(at this time) is by unlocking the bootloader.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-x View Post
I believe that phone shipped with version 4.4.2, which means the only way to gain root(at this time) is by unlocking the bootloader.
Once you unlock the bootloader how do you gain root?
N5 EHNDROIX V 14.8.8
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye. Galaxy S III GOOD RIDDEN!!!

jniklast
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I had no problems unlocking my XT1052. Are you sure you put the string together correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
Once you unlock the bootloader how do you gain root?
Flash a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) via fastboot and then flash SuperSu zip. There are numerous guides how to do this exactly.

Slorks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Thats the thing, i get the unlocking data when i paste it in the required feild to get an email to unlock the bootloader, it says my bootloader is not qualified for unlocking?

Slorks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I had no problems unlocking my XT1052. Are you sure you put the string together correctly?

Flash a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) via fastboot and then flash SuperSu zip. There are numerous guides how to do this exactly.

actually i just checked i didnt paste the string right, now i unlocked the bootloader! yay

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post

I checked the info thread but it didn't say if the process worked for 4.4.2, I found out once bootloader is unlocked you can flash as needed. Thanks for the response!
N5 EHNDROIX V 14.8.8
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye. Galaxy S III GOOD RIDDEN!!!

DaRkRhiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 109
All the guides about installing custom recovery after unlocking the bootloader posted here are for 4.4. Are they applicable to 4.4.2 also?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkRhiNe View Post
All the guides about installing custom recovery after unlocking the bootloader posted here are for 4.4. Are they applicable to 4.4.2 also?
Yes. Just have the proper custom recovery.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkRhiNe View Post
This guide -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ev-ed-t2649738 says its for 4.4 and 4.4.2... (and yes, it works.)
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]