Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stockish ROM Needed For C Spire XT1049 Moto X

Tip us?

Intrepit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stockish ROM Needed For C Spire XT1049 Moto X

Hello, I did not know where exactly to post this thread, but this seems to be the best place. I have a Moto X from C Spire (previously Cellular South), and it's model number is XT1049. I have tried the Republic Wireless version of the stock XT1049 ROM, but it didn't work. I was just wondering if anybody had a ROM that is stock/close to stock that will work on a C Spire-issued Moto X.

Thanks,
Intrepit

glarepate
Old
Thanks Meter 27
ROMs for your phone are available here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

4.2.2 is Jelly Bean, 4.4.2 is Kit Kat. If you want to root it install 4.2.2.

If you install 4.4.2 you will have a locked bootloader that cannot be downgraded to JB later. If you take specific steps to make a Franken-ROM that can have write protection disabled and runs with the 4.2.2 bootloader you can have Kit Kat. You will have to decide if you think it's worth it. From my perspective KK isn't that big a deal, but I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a few things along the way. YMMV.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Correction:

"... you can have Kit Kat." Should say rooted KK.

Intrepit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepate View Post
ROMs for your phone are available here:

4.2.2 is Jelly Bean, 4.4.2 is Kit Kat. If you want to root it install 4.2.2.

If you install 4.4.2 you will have a locked bootloader that cannot be downgraded to JB later. If you take specific steps to make a Franken-ROM that can have write protection disabled and runs with the 4.2.2 bootloader you can have Kit Kat. You will have to decide if you think it's worth it. From my perspective KK isn't that big a deal, but I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a few things along the way. YMMV.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Correction:

"... you can have Kit Kat." Should say rooted KK.
What I meant was like flashable zips, not firmwares. Im making a ROM for me and a friend that doesn't take away from the Moto X's primary features, thats why I needed a close-to-stock ROM.

Also, Im running KK (4.4.2) rooted and unlocked bootloader.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3245
Just so you know, if you're on 4.4.2 with an unlocked boot loader, you still can't downgrade . the brick risk is the same, locked or unlocked.

For the record.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Intrepit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Just so you know, if you're on 4.4.2 with an unlocked boot loader, you still can't downgrade . the brick risk is the same, locked or unlocked.

For the record.
I wouldn't dare downgrading :P