Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_p View Post
I got the XT1053 T-Mobile version, rooted, unlocked with titanium backup and Xposed. I just got the software update notice and I am currently trying to decide if I want to update or not. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read, if I want to get the OTA, is the best way to flash the SBF and update to 4.4.3 and then configure the phone again? Is it worth it? I love this phone, but there are no custom ROM's that are stock based for XT1053 which would be ideal since I don't want to lose all the extra goodies of the stock ROM.
YES, that is the best way to do it. You can -try- disabling xposed, and un-doing any major modifications you have done (like freezing or removing any system apps). You want it to be as close to stock as possible before you try to accept the OTA, which includes flashing back the stock recovery.

SBFing back to stock 4.4.2 FIRST, and accepting the update, THEN flashing TWRP and rooting, then re-configuring everything and installing your apps is MUCH safer and pretty much guarantees that your filesystem will be 100% intact.

If it were ME, I would SBF first -- for whatever that's worth...

Good Luck

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
Ugh! I am having all kinds of issues with 4.4.3. There is not a way to go back to 4.4.2 is there?
Sure. It's just slightly more complicated. You'll need the entire 4.4.2 SBF for your carrier.

Do this: Reboot to bootloader

FIRST, JUST flash gpt.bin and motoboot.img:

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img

Now you need to REBOOT back into bootloader (to prevent gpt.bin mis-match -- if you don't reboot here, you will get errors). Do this by typing:

mfastboot reboot-bootloader

Now flash the rest of the files:

fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo

Reboot, and you should be back to stock 4.4.2

And finally the disclaimer: DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE TO ANY VERSION PRIOR TO 4.4.2 .....if you don't want a brick.

It's ok to downgrade 4.4.3 to 4.4.2 because the bootloader version did not change. It is NOT safe to downgrade to anything prior (4.4 or 4.2.2).
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE