[Q] Sync all, at the same time?

OP jweaks

28th April 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

67 posts
More
Feeling really stupid here... there should be a way to do this, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

I want my gmail, facebook, newsreader, etc... to all fetch data at the same time and on the same interval. I see tantalizing clues here and there that this is possible and should be easy, but I can't get it.

Relevant info:
Moto X
Republic Wireless
No Root

According to RW, I should have 4.4.2 in a couple of weeks, if that changes anything.

Thanks
28th April 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,141

10,310 posts
More
Tasker could work, but needs root.

Not sure of anything else myself. Will be tricky cause Google syncs, and apps like Facebook are pushes..... Very different things.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

You could use something like juice defender to only allow a data connection at set intervals.....but if you're a moderate to heavy user, it will consume more battery than it saves.

If you're a very light user, well then it may be beneficial.
The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

67 posts
More
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Tasker could work, but needs root.

Not sure of anything else myself. Will be tricky cause Google syncs, and apps like Facebook are pushes..... Very different things.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

You could use something like juice defender to only allow a data connection at set intervals.....but if you're a moderate to heavy user, it will consume more battery than it saves.

If you're a very light user, well then it may be beneficial.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x, sync
Previous Thread Next Thread