Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sync all, at the same time?

Tip us?

jweaks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Sync all, at the same time?

Feeling really stupid here... there should be a way to do this, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

I want my gmail, facebook, newsreader, etc... to all fetch data at the same time and on the same interval. I see tantalizing clues here and there that this is possible and should be easy, but I can't get it.

Relevant info:
Moto X
Republic Wireless
No Root

According to RW, I should have 4.4.2 in a couple of weeks, if that changes anything.

Thanks

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2729
Tasker could work, but needs root.

Not sure of anything else myself. Will be tricky cause Google syncs, and apps like Facebook are pushes..... Very different things.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

You could use something like juice defender to only allow a data connection at set intervals.....but if you're a moderate to heavy user, it will consume more battery than it saves.

If you're a very light user, well then it may be beneficial.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jweaks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Tasker could work, but needs root.

Not sure of anything else myself. Will be tricky cause Google syncs, and apps like Facebook are pushes..... Very different things.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

You could use something like juice defender to only allow a data connection at set intervals.....but if you're a moderate to heavy user, it will consume more battery than it saves.

If you're a very light user, well then it may be beneficial.
Tags
moto x, sync