XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile Bootloader Unlock

Tip us?

svennn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] T-Mobile Bootloader Unlock

I bought my T-Mobile Moto X back in October direct from Motorola. I have had ongoing battery drain issues and as a last ditch effort I figured I would do a factory reset. Since I'm doing that I was going to unlock the bootloader and be ready for root on 4.4.2.

I ran through the motorola bootloader check online 3 times. I've punched in the long code 6 different time and I keep getting told my phone is not able to be unlocked.

Am I missing something? Any idea why I might be having this problem?

I bought T-Mobile for this reason and now it seems moto won't allow it.

Thanks.

Steve

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by svennn View Post
I bought my T-Mobile Moto X back in October direct from Motorola. I have had ongoing battery drain issues and as a last ditch effort I figured I would do a factory reset. Since I'm doing that I was going to unlock the bootloader and be ready for root on 4.4.2.

I ran through the motorola bootloader check online 3 times. I've punched in the long code 6 different time and I keep getting told my phone is not able to be unlocked.

Am I missing something? Any idea why I might be having this problem?

I bought T-Mobile for this reason and now it seems moto won't allow it.

Thanks.

Steve
If you entered the codes generated by your phone correctly into Moto's web site, then call Moto. Some have found that Moto hasn't entered their phone into the database right yet. It takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours usually, but since its been months, there is definitely something wrong or missed so calling them will be your best bet.

svennn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
If you entered the codes generated by your phone correctly into Moto's web site, then call Moto. Some have found that Moto hasn't entered their phone into the database right yet. It takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours usually, but since its been months, there is definitely something wrong or missed so calling them will be your best bet.

OK, I sent them an email with an attachment of a screen shot showing my code. I'll wait and see what they say then call if needed.

Thanks.

svennn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
OK, I sent them an email with an attachment of a screen shot showing my code. I'll wait and see what they say then call if needed.

Thanks.
I just thought I would give a follow up to my post.

I went through level 1,2, and 3 support. I was told it must be a DE phone (even when their own website clearly says different) to unlock. Level 3 finally asked to to post on the Moto X forum as the software engineers monitor it and they would help me.

So now I wait.......

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
I just thought I would give a follow up to my post.

I went through level 1,2, and 3 support. I was told it must be a DE phone (even when their own website clearly says different) to unlock. Level 3 finally asked to to post on the Moto X forum as the software engineers monitor it and they would help me.

So now I wait.......
post on forums where? I have some issues of my own I'm struggling with.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

svennn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
post on forums where? I have some issues of my own I'm struggling with.
The Motorola forums.

https://forums.motorola.com/hives/a440c30711/posts

elpeterson
Old
Thanks Meter 112
That is such a bull**** response. I hope this quickly gets resolved for you.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Thanks just posted my issue! also you boot loader people should post in the Motorola forums. It seems to get actual Motorola attention.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

phositadc
Old
Thanks Meter 314
I think everybody here already knows this, but the non-DE T-Mobile bootloader is indeed unlockable. I've done it with 4 different T-Mobile Xs. None of which were dev editions.

It's a travesty and it's inexcusable that high level tech support at Motorola would say otherwise. Ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1053

sunnycheeba
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Did you remove the spaces between the four lines of the unlock code after pasting?