XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile Moto x question - activation

Tip us?

mihir24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default T-Mobile Moto x question - activation

I know that tmobile moto x is not carrier/sim locked, read it in many threads here.

But does it need to be activated with tmobile sim first time?

finalarcadia
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir24 View Post
I know that tmobile moto x is not carrier/sim locked, read it in many threads here.

But does it need to be activated with tmobile sim first time?
No.

Darel18
Old
(Last edited by Darel18; 3rd December 2013 at 02:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Question T-Mobile Networks

Well, I hope it's true that the T-Mobile comes with the Sim unlocked... I think I'll buy it tomorrow with the promotion of the cyber-monday extension.

But I'm a little worried about the T-mobile version network support, you see, most people, including me, of my country buy Unlocked ATT variants from the US, because here we only have these networks:
850 - Movistar / C&W Panama
1900 - Claro
1800/1900 - Digicel

I'm with Claro so I'll need 1900.

Since most of the ATT variants work with those bands, people over here buy those... While T-Mobile variants don't. But now I'm seeing that the Moto X from T-Mobile supports four 2G GSM bands (850/900/1800/1900) and comes with five UMTS bands (850/900/1700/1900/2100).

I'm not checking the LTE capabilities, since my country hasn't implemented it yet, and when they will, I'll probably won't use it after some years ($$$).

So, does this phone really works for me? I thought of buying an ATT variant but it seems some persons here (xda community) had problems unlocking the sim... (I don't mind paying to get it unlocked) One even posted that couldn't unlocked, used all the tries and had to put it on sale trough eBay

Well, what do you guys think of this...? Really, really crossing my fingers here (Just checking the bands here, not much interested on rooting the phone, actually scared too. Don't wan't to hard brick anything )

eman3316@optonline.net
Old
Thanks Meter 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darel18 View Post
Well, I hope it's true that the T-Mobile comes with the Sim unlocked... I think I'll buy it tomorrow with the promotion of the cyber-monday extension.

But I'm a little worried about the T-mobile version network support, you see, most people, including me, of my country buy Unlocked ATT variants from the US, because here we only have these networks:
1900 - Claro
1800/1900 - Digicel

Since most of the ATT variants work with those bands, people over here buy those... While T-Mobile variants don't. But now I'm seeing that the Moto X from T-Mobile supports four 2G GSM bands (850/900/1800/1900) and comes with five UMTS bands (850/900/1700/1900/2100).

I'm not checking the LTE capabilities, since my country hasn't implemented it yet, and when they will, I'll probably won't use it after some years ($$$).

So, does this phone really works for me? I thought of buying an ATT variant but it seems some persons here (xda community) had problems unlocking the sim... (I don't mind paying to get it unlocked) One even posted that couldn't unlocked, used all the tries and had to put it on sale trough eBay

Well, what do you guys think of this...? Really, really crossing my fingers here (Just checking the bands here, not much interested on rooting the phone, actually scared too. Don't wan't to hard brick anything )
If the T-Mo one supports the bands you need then why roll the dice with the AT&T version? If you really want the AT&T version and AT&T won't unlock it for you then you can just return it. If you want to get in on the sale price and don't want to risk anything then buy one of each so at least you will have the T-Mo one to fall back on. Just some suggestions. I am not really familiar with bands and sim unlocking and how it's done.

mihir24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

1900 - Claro
1800/1900 - Digicel

I am also thinking to buy one tomorrow.

Darel18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman3316@optonline.net View Post
If the T-Mo one supports the bands you need then why roll the dice with the AT&T version? If you really want the AT&T version and AT&T won't unlock it for you then you can just return it. If you want to get in on the sale price and don't want to risk anything then buy one of each so at least you will have the T-Mo one to fall back on. Just some suggestions. I am not really familiar with bands and sim unlocking and how it's done.
Oh, just wanted to be extra sure that this version will work with the bands available here at Panama... Guess there's nothing weird with that variant of the Moto X having 5 UMTS bands instead of 4 like the others.

Anyway, I'll post my feedback later when I buy and get the product, wish me luck and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir24 View Post
I am also thinking to buy one tomorrow.
Wish you the best of luck bro!

marcelarr
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Guys... look at this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...network+unlock

From what the whole thread states the tmobile version is sim unlocked out of the box even through moto maker. In fact they are stating that there is little difference between the tmobile and dev edition.

So from the whole thread there I will pruchase tmobile. Verizon is unlocked but does not have the correct radios for my countries 3g network. Att does but I do not want to have to go through the hastle of unlocking it... even if its simple to buy a code.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Oh, just wanted to be extra sure that this version will work with the bands available here at Panama... Guess there's nothing weird with that variant of the Moto X having 5 UMTS bands instead of 4 like the others.

Anyway, I'll post my feedback later when I buy and get the product, wish me luck and thanks

Wish you the best of luck bro!
Also go to the companies and ask what bands they work with expecially the 3g and 4g. I know first hand that Verizon does not support most of the bands in central america... Ive had verizon phones here and they only get 2g sometimes. And good luck with going to the companies... most people there have no idea... and they will stare at you with a blank look on their face when you ask about bands and will probably try to sell you a phone. So be patient.

Also... keep us updated!!

beelzebu
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I have an Claro Chile phone using tmobile kit kat and works 2g, 3g, h/h+, 4g LTE bands without any issies