Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why does tapping the Share button take me to the Bluetooth menu?

Tip us?

bengadget
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q] Why does tapping the Share button take me to the Bluetooth menu?

In any app with a Share button, for example, YouTube, when I press the button to, maybe, share the link in a text message, I instead get taken to the bluetooth menu. If the bluetooth is off when I press the button, I get a pop-up to turn bluetooth on first. In Titanium Backup, I froze the Bluetooth Share app, and the Share button worked fine, but completely disabled bluetooth functionality, so I unfroze it. What's going on?
Current:
Nexus 5 16GB - Rooted, Xposed, & GBoxed

chrstndsgnr
Old
(Last edited by chrstndsgnr; 12th February 2014 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengadget View Post
In any app with a Share button, for example, YouTube, when I press the button to, maybe, share the link in a text message, I instead get taken to the bluetooth menu. If the bluetooth is off when I press the button, I get a pop-up to turn bluetooth on first. In Titanium Backup, I froze the Bluetooth Share app, and the Share button worked fine, but completely disabled bluetooth functionality, so I unfroze it. What's going on?
Are you hitting the button that looks like an open triangle pointing to the left? That should bring up a popup menu with your sharing options.

If that doesn't work, are there any other apps/services that you've frozen? Try unfreezing them and see if that brings the menu back.

Edit: just noticed you said it worked fine when you froze Bluetooth share app. Try going into the properties for that app and clear the details for it.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium

bengadget
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrstndsgnr View Post
Are you hitting the button that looks like an open triangle pointing to the left? That should bring up a popup menu with your sharing options.

If that doesn't work, are there any other apps/services that you've frozen? Try unfreezing them and see if that brings the menu back.

Edit: just noticed you said it worked fine when you froze Bluetooth share app. Try going into the properties for that app and clear the details for it.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium
Just cleared the data and cache. Same issue. It's weird, I've never heard of this problem before and couldn't find anything through Google.
Current:
Nexus 5 16GB - Rooted, Xposed, & GBoxed

Guilhermewpds
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Go to Settings, then apps. In the 3 dots button, select to redefine preferences or something like that.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk