Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Group text

Tip us?

xxsevxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Group text

Hi I have a Moto X runing 4.4.2. for a few months now since i got this phone 2 of my contacts no longer group in any group chat. All of my other contacts work perfectly fine grouping except for 2. I have completely removed both contact information and even then they will not group. I have no idea where else to look or what else to try. again ALL other contacts work perfect except for 2! One started not grouping many months ago and the second started about a month ago. They both have Galaxy s3, one is completely stock and the other is on a custom cyanogen rom. Has anyone experienced anything like this? any help would be apprecaited!

bisbers
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsevxx View Post
Hi I have a Moto X runing 4.4.2. for a few months now since i got this phone 2 of my contacts no longer group in any group chat. All of my other contacts work perfectly fine grouping except for 2. I have completely removed both contact information and even then they will not group. I have no idea where else to look or what else to try. again ALL other contacts work perfect except for 2! One started not grouping many months ago and the second started about a month ago. They both have Galaxy s3, one is completely stock and the other is on a custom cyanogen rom. Has anyone experienced anything like this? any help would be apprecaited!
[Note: This is a question and probably should be in the QA section.]

Try 8sms (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tsms.mms&hl=en). I've had issues doing group chat w/ GS3 folks in the past - looking at the headers it appears they use a "Cc:" type of line whereas everyone else in the world uses a long list of "To:" entries. So those sgs3 messages would behave like individual messages because my motox messaging app wouldn't parse the cc. Switching to 8sms seemed to fix things immediately.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25,945

DONATE TO ME
Questions and help issues go in Q&A, Help and Troubleshooting sections
Thread moved

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here