Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can you put TMobile Software on an Unlocked AT&T Moto X?

Tip us?
 
Maganus
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default [Q] Can you put TMobile Software on an Unlocked AT&T Moto X?

Can you flash the TMobile software onto an unlocked AT&T Moto X without having any issues?
 
KJ
Old
#2  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2782
Posts: 6,846
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Why? 4.4.3 is a minor update. Why risk anything by flashing other carriers firmware?

Be patient my friend.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
Maganus
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2011
Wasn't necessarily for that. Was more just curiosity if any one had done it successfully.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
 
mandrsn1
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 401
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maganus View Post
Wasn't necessarily for that. Was more just curiosity if any one had done it successfully.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
I did just that. Works fine. The OTA yesterday flashed fine too.

Plus, no hack needed for wifi tethering.
 
Maganus
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrsn1 View Post
I did just that. Works fine. The OTA yesterday flashed fine too.

Plus, no hack needed for wifi tethering.
Nice - might give it a go sometime in the future to get rid of some the AT&T junk on the phone
 
samwathegreat
Old
#6  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 442
Posts: 897
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrsn1 View Post
I did just that. Works fine. The OTA yesterday flashed fine too.

Plus, no hack needed for wifi tethering.
Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm very curious -- the XT058 supports 2 LTE bands that the XT1053 does not. Any idea if you are still able to use LTE bands 5 & 7? Or are they disabled since you are using XT1053 ROM?

Shouldn't be a big deal since LTE bands 5 & 7 aren't used the the U.S. as of yet, but it would be good to know...

If you are in the U.S. there is probably no way for you to tell...thought I'd ask anyways.

Thanks!
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root
 
mandrsn1
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 401
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm very curious -- the XT058 supports 2 LTE bands that the XT1053 does not. Any idea if you are still able to use LTE bands 5 & 7? Or are they disabled since you are using XT1053 ROM?

Shouldn't be a big deal since LTE bands 5 & 7 aren't used the the U.S. as of yet, but it would be good to know...

If you are in the U.S. there is probably no way for you to tell...thought I'd ask anyways.

Thanks!
Before the update to 4.4.3, i was running the AT&T 4.4.2 radio files with the Tmobile 4.4.2 software. When I upgraded to 4.4.3, I flashed the TMO radio before upgrading. However, I have no idea if 5&7 can be used.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more