FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Tmobile xt1053 help on rooting

217 posts
Thanks Meter: 35
 
By killerb777, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 01:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just received an xt1053 with 4.4.3 and I can't seem to find a way to root this. Any help would be much appreciated.
 
 
18th June 2014, 04:10 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb777

I just received an xt1053 with 4.4.3 and I can't seem to find a way to root this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Is it unlocked?

KCJunkman
The Following User Says Thank You to KCJunkman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 04:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJunkman

Is it unlocked?

KCJunkman

yes. finally figured it out. wow, what a pain in the a$$. couldn't find the damn mfastboot file to flash recovery.
10th September 2014, 03:03 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb777

yes. finally figured it out. wow, what a pain in the a$$. couldn't find the damn mfastboot file to flash recovery.

Can you let me know how to root? I am also on 4.4.3 TMO when I use towel pie root it works until I restart my device I can't find a way to make it stick.. Any help would be greatly appreciated
10th September 2014, 08:21 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksehwail

Can you let me know how to root? I am also on 4.4.3 TMO when I use towel pie root it works until I restart my device I can't find a way to make it stick.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you not read anything in the TowelPieRoot thread? The answer to why you can't get root to stick is in that thread. The answer to your question is unlock your bootloader.
10th September 2014, 05:02 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Yup I sure did read the whole thread anyway I got it to work without unlock haha thanks anyway I guess
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes