Post Reply

Is it possible to change owner name in Google Now?

OP Rattles

2nd May 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Hi Guys,

i know its a random question but i was wondering if it is possible to change the name that Touchless Control uses? Ok Google Now can't pronounce my first name so instead its simply spelling it out. i would like to change it to something else that it is can pronounce but so far i have been unable to find out how to do that.
2nd May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
kcipopnevets's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 30
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles

Hi Guys,

i know its a random question but i was wondering if it is possible to change the name that Touchless Control uses? Ok Google Now can't pronounce my first name so instead its simply spelling it out. i would like to change it to something else that it is can pronounce but so far i have been unable to find out how to do that.

You can try changing your name card. Pull down the notification shade, tap your name/profile icon, tap your name in the floating window, and tap the 3 dots to edit the name. I just tried and it's working fine.
2nd May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets

You can try changing your name card. Pull down the notification shade, tap your name/profile icon, tap your name in the floating window, and tap the 3 dots to edit the name. I just tried and it's working fine.

Thanks but that didn't work for me. it is still using my full name. the funny thing is that it sometimes pronounces it right and sometimes it doesnt.
2nd May 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
kcipopnevets's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 30
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles

Thanks but that didn't work for me. it is still using my full name. the funny thing is that it sometimes pronounces it right and sometimes it doesnt.

Hmm. Try deleting your "me" contact card and make another one. It must be sourcing from your accounts.
3rd May 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #5  
Dark9781's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
689 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
If you use G+ you can change your profile name within the app. It will update on all your Google products. The OK Google Now feature pulls your name from your Google profile.

Sent from my Moto X.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank