Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to change owner name in Google Now?

Tip us?

Rattles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Is it possible to change owner name in Google Now?

Hi Guys,

i know its a random question but i was wondering if it is possible to change the name that Touchless Control uses? Ok Google Now can't pronounce my first name so instead its simply spelling it out. i would like to change it to something else that it is can pronounce but so far i have been unable to find out how to do that.

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
Hi Guys,

i know its a random question but i was wondering if it is possible to change the name that Touchless Control uses? Ok Google Now can't pronounce my first name so instead its simply spelling it out. i would like to change it to something else that it is can pronounce but so far i have been unable to find out how to do that.
You can try changing your name card. Pull down the notification shade, tap your name/profile icon, tap your name in the floating window, and tap the 3 dots to edit the name. I just tried and it's working fine.
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

Rattles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcipopnevets View Post
You can try changing your name card. Pull down the notification shade, tap your name/profile icon, tap your name in the floating window, and tap the 3 dots to edit the name. I just tried and it's working fine.
Thanks but that didn't work for me. it is still using my full name. the funny thing is that it sometimes pronounces it right and sometimes it doesnt.

kcipopnevets
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
Thanks but that didn't work for me. it is still using my full name. the funny thing is that it sometimes pronounces it right and sometimes it doesnt.
Hmm. Try deleting your "me" contact card and make another one. It must be sourcing from your accounts.
I'MANUTCASEANDALLILISTENTOISMETAL
HTC Rezound, BROKEN
Droid MAXX XT1080M("DEV"), KitKat stock, UNLOCKED(!!!!!!!!!) and rooted
GWAR \m/ (-'__'-) \m/

Dark9781
Old
Thanks Meter 216
If you use G+ you can change your profile name within the app. It will update on all your Google products. The OK Google Now feature pulls your name from your Google profile.

Sent from my Moto X.
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can you see my memories?