Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] do you think it's possible to flash...

OP ryanzurlo88

11th July 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2

70 posts
More
I know this is not the Q&A thread. Don't shoot me. But i figured this was a dev question. Does anybody think or have tried flashing the stock droid ultra ROM to the moto x since they are VERY SIMILAR phones? Is it possible? Can it be done? Has anybody tried? If not and I was to try it do you think I can flash stock moto x IMG files back to normal? Or will i fubar my bootloader. Running Moto x Dev edit Verizon. These are questions that have been running through my head. Just thought I might ask. And is anybody willing to help me look into it? Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.
12th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Modesto, CA
Thanks Meter: 196

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanzurlo88

I know this is not the Q&A thread. Don't shoot me. But i figured this was a dev question. Does anybody think or have tried flashing the stock droid ultra ROM to the moto x since they are VERY SIMILAR phones? Is it possible? Can it be done? Has anybody tried? If not and I was to try it do you think I can flash stock moto x IMG files back to normal? Or will i fubar my bootloader. Running Moto x Dev edit Verizon. These are questions that have been running through my head. Just thought I might ask. And is anybody willing to help me look into it? Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

Very similar is never close enough. Any ROM for a different phone will not work for a different device. Some exploit methods work on multiple devices but never Roms and kernals.
12th July 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imacellist

Very similar is never close enough. Any ROM for a different phone will not work for a different device. Some exploit methods work on multiple devices but never Roms and kernals.

I only asked cause if cm11 pac-rom etc could do it maybe we could. Thanks for answering though. It was worth a shot. I just miss my droid ultra��
Last edited by ryanzurlo88; 12th July 2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
12th July 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #4  
Flag Spring, TX
Thanks Meter: 34

210 posts
More
They are the same phone in almost every way and yes the builds are compatible, or at least the 4.2.2 and 4.4 builds were last year. When the leaked T-Mobile 4.4 build came out, I was running it perfect on my vzw moto x DE and at least one other person was running it on their droid ultra/maxx with no issues.
12th July 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 861

3,185 posts
More
So your question for the devs was just answered by non devs. If you KNEW you were posting in the wrong thread, but wanted to make sure you got noticed please follow the rules next time. It's not like you didn't know this does not belong here.
Last edited by Travisdroidx2; 12th July 2014 at 06:46 PM.
15th July 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 687

1,279 posts
Donate to Me
Only try this if you have an unlocked boot loader. If you are locked then you are out of luck. Still recommend finding a build for your phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th July 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2

So your question for the devs was just answered by non devs. If you KNEW you were posting in the wrong thread, but wanted to make sure you got noticed please follow the rules next time. It's not like you didn't know this does not belong here.

i posted here thinking maybe devs have already tried it and/or have a workaround for it. i'm not going to start a fight with you over the internet cause thats just petty.
16th July 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #8  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 27,316

15,907 posts
More
Moved here as this does not belong in the Development Section, OP please read the Forum Rules on posting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread