Wanting to flash back to stock T-Mobile rom, while keeping root? Is this possible?

Search This thread

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi guys,
I'm looking to flash back to stock, however am wanting to keep root.. I can use rsd lite, or the Moto X toolkit, however am unsure if a) it will wipe data, and b) I am able to keep root..

I remember seeing a tmo stock rom floating around in a zip file before (can't seem to find it) and am not sure if it was indeed rooted..

Can anyone help me choose which direction is best?

Thanks much!

Last edited:

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Hi guys,
I'm looking to flash back to stock, however am wanting to keep root.. I can use rsd lite, or the Moto X toolkit, however am unsure if a) it will wipe data, and b) I am able to keep root..

I remember seeing a tmo stock rom floating around in a zip file before (can't seem to find it) and am not sure if it was indeed rooted..

Can anyone help me choose which direction is best?

Thanks much!

Which ROM are you running?

Sent on my Moto X

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
That's as close to stock as possible, if you want the stock odex T-Mobile ROM you'll have to rsdlite the T-Mobile sbf firmware and reflash recovery and root. Are you preparing for the 4.4.2 ota?

Sent on my Moto X

Thanks for the reply. Yes, exactly that;I'm wanting to be stock for the update.. Unless there is an easier way? :p

Top Liked Posts