FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Wanting to flash back to stock T-Mobile rom, while keeping root? Is this possible?

722 posts
Thanks Meter: 139
 
By mazubo, Senior Member on 22nd January 2014, 06:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,
I'm looking to flash back to stock, however am wanting to keep root.. I can use rsd lite, or the Moto X toolkit, however am unsure if a) it will wipe data, and b) I am able to keep root..

I remember seeing a tmo stock rom floating around in a zip file before (can't seem to find it) and am not sure if it was indeed rooted..

Can anyone help me choose which direction is best?

Thanks much!
Last edited by mazubo; 22nd January 2014 at 06:03 AM.
 
 
22nd January 2014, 06:20 AM |#2  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazubo

Hi guys,
I'm looking to flash back to stock, however am wanting to keep root.. I can use rsd lite, or the Moto X toolkit, however am unsure if a) it will wipe data, and b) I am able to keep root..

I remember seeing a tmo stock rom floating around in a zip file before (can't seem to find it) and am not sure if it was indeed rooted..

Can anyone help me choose which direction is best?

Thanks much!

Which ROM are you running?

Sent on my Moto X
22nd January 2014, 06:35 AM |#3  
mazubo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

Which ROM are you running?

Sent on my Moto X

I'm running the KangaKat rom by iB4std..
22nd January 2014, 06:48 AM |#4  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazubo

I'm running the KangaKat rom by iB4std..

That's as close to stock as possible, if you want the stock odex T-Mobile ROM you'll have to rsdlite the T-Mobile sbf firmware and reflash recovery and root. Are you preparing for the 4.4.2 ota?

Sent on my Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 06:56 AM |#5  
mazubo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

That's as close to stock as possible, if you want the stock odex T-Mobile ROM you'll have to rsdlite the T-Mobile sbf firmware and reflash recovery and root. Are you preparing for the 4.4.2 ota?

Sent on my Moto X

Thanks for the reply. Yes, exactly that;I'm wanting to be stock for the update.. Unless there is an easier way?
22nd January 2014, 07:25 AM |#6  
flashallthetime's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazubo

Thanks for the reply. Yes, exactly that;I'm wanting to be stock for the update.. Unless there is an easier way?

Wait for kangakat to be updated to 4.4.2, just a little note , what I see with cm11 which is updated to 4.4.2 there's no noticeable difference

Sent on my Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 07:29 AM |#7  
mazubo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

Wait for kangakat to be updated to 4.4.2, just a little note , what I see with cm11 which is updated to 4.4.2 there's no noticeable difference

Sent on my Moto X

I was leaning in that direction as its been a Super stable rom, and is a daily driver for me.. Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes