Originally Posted by knitler
I just bought a Moto X DE from Swappa to use on my T-Mobile and I have a couple of questions.
I'll be reading the forums so I'm sure I'll find many answers, but I know for some reason I'll just have a hard time finding some even if they are right in my face.
1) Is the 4.4.4 update out for it yet or so I need to unlock/recovery before I can get 4.4.4 I am only interested in AOSP/Google ROM's not CM, PA, or any of the others.
2) How, if at all is the DE ROM different? Or is it just the Bootloader being unlockable the only difference?
3) I am thinking of changing the White back out with a black one. I have seen the guide but my only worry is that the back may not be as tight after I do it due to having to release some of the glue. Will the back still be tight?
4) Anything else I may find interesting? Any Must know tips/tricks.
I have the DE on VZW
1) i'm not sure, but I beleive its out for Tmobile. You should not need to unlock or do anythign else as long as the device has stock OS and boot-loader
2) the roms are not different other than being designed for slightly different devices, even the Verizon Droid lines share a very similar rom with the X. That being said, do not flash any rom that is not designed for your specific build (xt1058, My DE is xt1060) Also, once you take an OTA, this device does not like to be downgraded, even tho its a DE, its not a nexus that you can just flash any OS version to.
3) I have not replaced a back yet, i cant answer this, but i would be interested in your findings, as i may replace my back some day.
4) Moto did a great job with the software on this device, The stock rom is great. Xposed is all that is needed to bring the look and feel of a custom rom.